Chapter 27

Liam's POV

To say that we were happy was an understatement. As soon as Dad walked in, tears were shed, sobs escaped, and hugs became so tight that it hurt.

We spent time together and Dad asked everything he could. Mom and Hannah were ecstatic and they shared every little detail to Dad. When it was my turn to answer, I smiled and just shared some random things to not offend Dad or even kill the joyful atmosphere flowing in the air.

My parents noticed it and they looked at each other as they entwined their hands and gave it a squeeze.

"Liam? Can we talk for a second?" Mom asked and I raised both of my brows before nodding my head. She kissed Dad's cheek and told me to follow her.

We stood face to face at the entrance to the room's balcony and Mom took both of my hands in hers.

"Your father never wanted to leave. You need to believe that, Liam." She spoke softly and she sounded so earnest that I felt slightly guilty.

"I don't know what to believe anymore, Mom. How can I believe you when you always try to dodge my questions and keep things a secret from me." I reasoned and slowly pulled my hands back. I could see that she was hurt but I can't turn a blind eye on this anymore.

"I thought he left for...good. I don't mean to be rude, Mom, but I don't know if whatever you're saying is true. I hate secrets and I need to know everything so-" A knock at the door interrupted our conversation and I shook my head and threw my hands up in the air, feeling frustrated.

I stomped towards the door and wore an angry scowl on my face before yanking it open.

"Wha-" The words died on my lips as I looked at Ryder. He seemed surprise and he raised a brow while the side of his mouth twitched slightly.

I immediately stood up straight and cleaned my face off of my mean look before I flushed in embarrassment.

"Yes?" I peered up at him before glancing away.

"The Grand High Master summoned you and your parents to his office." He acted like a commander and was all formal.

I looked back at my parents and Dad nodded his head once so I guess that was a go.

"What about Hann-" Kayne appeared out of nowhere and I jumped, placing a hand on my chest.

"I'm your babysitter." He saluted and I shook my head as Hannah began to squeal.

"Lead the way."

---

Okay. I knew that Raegan was somehow a king and he was rich, but I didn't know that he was super super rich until Ryder told me that the entire east wing of the castle was his residence.

After we stepped outside the elevator, I gawked at the wide and pristine hallways, paintings that were made by the oldest of painters, servants milling about and guards watching like owls and stood like stone.

The doors were either gold or black with royal patterns and there were ivory stone railings on a path that we passed through which allowed me to see the expanse of the palace on a higher ground.

Finally, we reached Raegan's office and a servant opened the door for us after getting permission to enter.

His office was as big as my room and it was mostly filled with bookshelves lined up with books, and a set of couch with a long glass table. Raegan looked comfortable sitting in his red velvet chair as he welcomed us, while Rowan sat on the couch looking calm and collected.

"Please have a seat." I smiled when I met Raegan's eyes and he gave one back to me as we settled into our seats.

"Forgive me for summoning you all of a sudden but your presence is needed here so that we won't less any more time in finding out the truth." He said.