Chapter 51

A/N: They have alternating POVs here so be careful when reading!❤️

Liam's POV

Dad woke up a couple of hours right after Mom did, and I slumped in relief seeing that they were fine.

He told us that someone hit him in the back of the head when he and Hannah were about to go out for some air near the garden.

He didn't handle the news well when I told him that Hannah was kidnapped, and he blamed himself for not protecting her.

Mom on the other hand, was still shaken up but tried her best to stay calm and not think about negative things happening.

It was hard for all of us but I kept a strong front because one of us needed to have a cool head right now.

*****

Ryder's POV

2 days have passed before we received a message coming from Alisander.

Call off your tracker. She won't be able to find me. I'm willing to talk to Liam. So tell him to pick up when an unknown number calls.

We immediately sent men to Mexico, the location which the text was traced to, but we only found a man who said he picked up the phone near a dumpster.

"Damn it!" I gripped the bottle in my hand too hard and it shattered into pieces, soaking the table.

"Should we do what he said?" Kayne asked us and Raegan, together with the council members, had serious expressions while weighing their options.

"We all know what he's going to say." Enora said with disdain and scowled at the message we received.

"It's not for us to decide. It's Liam's." Katherine told them and I inclined my head to her as a sign of thanks for being on Liam's side.

"And we can try tracing his location again while he's on the call." I added and this made them agree.

I called for multiple personnel who can trace and monitor the location of the caller while they're talking, and asked them to remain on standby.

"Tell him that Alisander has a message for him." Raegan said to me and entrusted the part in relaying this to Liam.

*****

Liam's POV

I was biting on my nail as I paced around the room. I had one hand on my waist and I was trying my best to not get absorbed by all the thoughts plaguing my mind.

She's okay. Hannah's okay. Ryder said they won't hurt her. Hannah's strong so I shouldn't worry that much. We'll get her back. Yeah. We'll definitely get her back.

Do you really believe that?

Don't listen. Don't listen to that voice. Hannah's okay. She's okay.

But she's not here is she?

No. Shut up! I won't listen. I won't listen. Surely they won't hurt a kid? Won't they?

But all of this happened because of you.

No! N-No. R-Ryder said it wasn't my fault. I-It's not. I don't think it is. It's not my fault. Is it?

What if your sister is already...dead?

NO!

"Liam." I jumped at Ryder's voice and he had a worried expression when I turned around.

"Is everything okay?" He gently grabbed my waist to pull it to him and I nodded my head and forced a smile on my face.

"Are you sure?" He asked doubtfully and bent down so that he was face to face with me.