Chapter 14

Liam's POV

With each step closer to the council room, there was this sense of dread and ringing in my ear after what Natalie said.

Everything was happening so fast and I don't think my ability to keep up with things could handle it.

"Here we are." I turned my attention to Kayne who was trying his best to give me an encouraging smile but failed very badly.

"Try not to pee yourself, ok?" My ears burned at what he said but I knew that he was just trying to bring color to my face that was as pale as a ghost.

The door to the council room opened and everything about this castle never failed to amaze me.

A dark brown rug with intricate patterns covered the ground, floor to ceiling glass windows covered one side of the interior bricked walls, a tapestry hung from my right side, and a fireplace was directly underneath it.

A long gray marble table sat in the middle of the room, four legged chairs with red velvet cushions and silver frames were surrounding the right and left side of it, and the golden chair with black cushions was placed at the center end of the table. Of course the high ranking vampires were sitting on it.

I noticed that majority of the council was embodied by vampires who looked like they were in their 30s or 40s. I could see that they lived for a long amount of time but they looked nonetheless graceful.

Natalie stepped backwards outside the room as she wished me luck before the door closed with a click. Ryder and Kayne guided me forward and I was suddenly aware that all eyes were on us. On me.

"Liam. Thank you for joining us. Please, sit." Raegan gestured to the chair across from him, at the other end of the table. I stood frozen for just a couple seconds before I made my legs cooperate with me. After some time, I finally sat on top of the soft cushion.

I heaved out a breath I didn't know I was holding and I was about to turn to see if Ryder and Kayne were beside me, but then the voice of Raegan cut through the room.

"I would like to introduce you to my council. Liam, meet Enora, the high master of South America." A woman with auburn hair that curled on the ends, nodded at me.

"Alisander, the high master of Africa." A man with quiff brown hair smiled at me and I tried to smile back in return.

"Ulrich, the high master of Antarctica." I was met with a man with a stoic face and long silver wavy hair. I guessed that he doesn't like me that much.

"Katherine, the high master of Europe." The woman with a short blonde hair who was seated at my side gave me a warm smile and nodded her head. I think she's the most friendly of them.

"Icarus, the high master of Asia." As soon as my eyes landed on him, he gave me a wicked grin that showcased his perfect teeth. He has a black slicked back hair and a mole on the side of the eye.

"Keaton, the high master of Australia." He was by far the youngest looking in the council, with a pompadour chestnut brown hair, high cheekbones and a scar on the middle of his right brow. He gave me a nod and I did the same in return.

"High masters, meet Liam." I timidly stood up and bowed my head because that's how I saw it was done in movies.

When I sat back in my seat, some of the council members' face was filled with amusement and some were hiding their mouths with their hands.

I furrowed my brows and craned my head to the side as I looked at them. I turned my eyes towards Raegan and he had this smile on his face as he watched me.