Chapter 39

Liam's POV

The afternoon sun bore down on us and I was thankful that it didn't rain because I was really looking forward to this.

I was feeling so excited and so giddy that I was unconsciously making happy sounds.

"Hang on tight." Ryder said and I gripped him even tighter as he sped off. I laughed as the world around us flew by in a blur and the breeze was so cool that I thought we were in the clouds.

Ryder swerved to the right when a car was in front of us, and he kept on moving left to right with such precision. All the thoughts on my mind left as I stared off into the distance.

I leaned my head on Ryder's back and I loved the feel of his hard body against mine.

When we arrived at the mall, Ryder parked his motorbike, and the convoy was just a distance away from us.

The mall was...not what I expected. It looked like a mall where only VIP customers could enter. I gave Ryder a questioning look and pointed to the mall.

"I think we're in the wrong place." I told him and began to go back to the motorbike but he caught me by the wrist and pulled me tight to his chest.

"Raegan would kill us if we brought you to a public mall. The lesser the people, the lesser the risk." He reasoned and I deflated when I saw luxury cars presented inside.

"But the cost..." I tried to tell him but he was already dragging me towards the entrance.

"Raegan owns the mall, Liam. That's why his secretary gave you the card." My mouth fell to the floor and I looked at the card in my hand. It has the same logo as the mall we were in.

Holy moly...

I was in the world of the rich. And I don't know how to feel about it. Kayne, Natalie, and the 1st squad was behind us as we ventured to the stores.

I was overwhelmed at first, but then I started to enjoy things after what Ryder whispered in my ear.

"You're away from the Castle right now. You're in a place where there are humans like you. Just enjoy and have fun. Raegan would want you to."

We went to a clothing store and my eyes were as wide as saucers when I saw the price tags.

"Nope. No." I shook my head and was about to go out, but then Ryder, Kayne, and Natalie planted me in front of a mirror while a staff assisted us.

"Bring us everything that would fit him nicely." Ryder said and I kept on telling them that it was okay, but they insisted.

I tried on everything the staff recommended. The suits, jeans, shirts, dress shirts, sweaters, blazers, jackets, and hoodies.

I barely recognized myself with the clothes that I wore.

"Tried anything you like?" Natalie asked as she browsed through the set of clothes. I looked at her with an open mouth while showing her the tag.

$1300

"Liam, the Grand High Master dotes on you because you're like his only little brother." She patted my shoulders before turning to the staff.

"Yeah, we're taking all of them." Taking the gold card from my hand, she swiped.

Oh no.

Moving on to shoes, the staff presented us different sets of shoes that made me wonder where I would even use this.

"Ahh, my expertise." Kayne rubbed his hands together and looked at me with a glint on his eyes.

He made me try on different shoes. Sneakers, boots, loafers, dress shoes, sandals, oxfords, and...heels?