Chapter 36

Liam's POV

The word "Nice" was an understatement. It was stunning and mind-blowing. A long red carpet led to the main area, the walls were covered in natural stone tiles, and lights with a waterfall system was installed to give the walls a more artistic appearance.

I stepped out the elevator and my mouth dropped to the floor and my eyes were as wide as saucers when I saw the main attraction.

It was so wide and glass railings spanned around it. The floor was black with a smooth finish, and extravagant and light white chairs and tables with warm colored lamps filled the space. A bartender was separated by a slightly raised platform which had 2 steps of stairs and he was inside a huge circular shaped led table which he uses to serve the drinks.

A long table was in the middle of the main area, filled with different fruits, crackers, and a variety of snacks. I saw that there were stairs in each of the farthest left and right corners that led to a different level.

The rooftop bar was filled with light and lavish furnitures. A jazz music was playing and I noticed that all the people around me stopped moving.

They turned all their heads towards me, eyes wide with shock and hunger. I forced myself to smile and said,

"Hi?"

Some bowed and some immediately jumped off the rooftop building. I gasped and didn't know what to so I turned to Chris who was suddenly not on my side.

"Oh Lord. Please stand up! And- Oh God! Those p-people they jumped! W-What-" I was panicking and I felt like I would pass out from hyperventilating.

A hand caught my wrist and I yelped but saw that it was Ryder.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a hush tone and led me to sit down on a chair. Lively chatter continued around us but I couldn't help but feel their stares.

My eyes were traveling around the bar and when I saw the waiters serving drinks, my hands itched to grab a tray and serve drinks with my own hands.

"Liam." Ryder grabbed me by the shoulders and forced me to look at him. He sighed and I thought he was angry but I only felt his worry.

"What?" I asked and scooted closer to him when he grabbed my chair.

"How did you get here?" Lines formed between his brows and I smoothed it out with my thumb.

"I saw you and followed you." I told him and he took hold of my hand. Sighing once again, he looked at me as if he was about to scold me. I dropped my gaze to my lap and pouted my lips.

"Come here." I peered up at him and saw that his arms were now open. I broke into a smile and immediately took the invitation to hug him.

"I'm not mad. It's just, this place is not safe for you. Someone could accidentally hurt you." He raised me up and planted me to sit on his thighs. I flushed in embarrassment because I knew that other people could see us.

Ryder pretended to not see it and I just plopped my head down on his shoulder to not see if people are looking.

The thrill of working again and touching those glasses never left me and I raised my eyes to observe the bartender making drinks and the waiters serving tables.

"Ryder?" I asked in a sweet voice and hoped that whatever I was about to do will work against him. I felt him tense under me when I spoke into his ear.

I touched my fingertips to his earlobe and trailed it down his neck like what Natalie taught me a few nights ago.

"Will you do me a favor?" I prolonged the last word and I saw the hair on his body rise. I fought back a smile and thanked Natalie in my mind.