Chapter 67

Liam's POV

"Are you sure this will hold him?" I asked Kayne as he secured the chains around Ryder's wrists and ankles.

He was unconscious because I had to knock him out. Don't get me wrong, it was called for during the situation.

After he told me that I had to tie him up, I felt the surge of hunger and bloodlust consume his body. It was all thanks to my vampire reflexes that I managed to avoid being drained and split in half.

To say that putting him down was hard, would be an understatement.

When he lunged at me, I immediately went to the shadows and materialized at his back before electrocuting him with my lightning. I thought that was it, but he only grunted before facing me and looking at me with a crazed glint in his eyes.

I was rendered immobilized when he pinned me with that searing look and started prowling towards me. Recalling from my mind what would come next, I panicked and did something on the spur of the moment.

I kissed his lips and quickly drew back. Then squeaked and covered my mouth.

He stared at me for a long moment then he blinked twice. The dark entity within himself must've been dumbfounded to process what just happened.

Wasting no time, I drove a knee to his lower region with a hiss. He grunted before doubling over, then I hammered his head with my clenched fist.

I'm so sorry.

"Yeah, I'm sure. This is what we always used when he went berserk so you don't have to worry about it breaking."

"When he wakes up, it's better to...uh...stay back." He scratched the back of his neck and laughed nervously.

"I don't know if there'll be any changes this time, seeing as you're in his life now. But please make sure he's fed." He said and glanced at Ryder with a worried expression.

"He hasn't drank any blood since you left. Refused it, even."

My eyes widened with this knowledge and Kayne dipped his head in confirmation while giving me a faint smile.

"But why?" I frowned and couldn't imagine the pain and torture he must've gone through.

"I'm not the person who can answer that. He is." He told me and pointed his chin towards Ryder's direction. I nibbled on my lip and breathed out a sigh.

"You were gone for about 3 weeks and he turned into...that. Bottom line is, he can't live without you so do what you want with that information." He nonchalantly said and placed his hands inside the pockets of his pants.

"I'll leave you to it." He started to walk out of the room but halted suddenly. "Oh, and one more thing." He turned around and stood in front of me.

"Welcome back, Liam. I missed annoying the shit out of you." He grinned and ruffled my hair. Before I could say anything, he was gone.

I shook my head and looked around the spare room where we brought Ryder in. It was smaller than our home but good enough for the two of us. It was Kayne's idea because he said that after I feed my blood to Ryder, it won't be the end of that so he said it was better to be prepared.

Because there was no way we were having sex inside our room. I wouldn't be able to handle the reek of the alcohol and hear the sound of bottles clanking together.

As I stared at Ryder and sat down on the bed next to him, I could see how tired and exhausted he was.

It's been so long.

"I missed you." I stroked his face with my thumb then brushed his hair up using my fingers.

He suddenly stirred in his sleep and I felt the sense of arousal trigger in his body. True enough, when my eyes slid sideways, underneath the blanket covering his naked body, his erection stood tall.