Chapter 11

Liam's POV

Kayne stepped inside the room and the both of us immediately pulled away from each other.

I hurriedly got down from Ryder's arms and he settled me to my feet.

"I..Uhh..Thank you." I told him and went to sit on the couch.

"It's feeding time, let's go. Unless you want to eat something..." Kayne trailed off and looked in my direction. He grinned at Ryder and it took me a moment before I processed what he said.

I immediately went still and I gulped as I looked at them. I didn't know how vampires fed, but I knew that blood was their meal. I mentally slapped myself for forgetting that Ryder was a vampire even if he was a walking sin.

"I'm just kidding. You're safe here. No one will be able to touch you, even if they wanted to." He assured me and I felt slightly relieved at what he said.

"If you encounter any problems...Just scream and shout. As loud as you can." Ryder said to me before turning his back. I had a feeling that he wasn't joking when he said it.

"Well then, we'll let you get acquainted with your room since you'll be here for...a while." He finished and walked towards the door.

Before they could leave, Ryder stopped to look at me and said,

"Don't try to run. Because even if you do, I'll find you. Do I have your word?" He asked and sternly looked at me in the eye. There was no intimacy present in his expression, like what he was about to do a moment ago didn't even cross his mind.

I was planning on escaping as soon as they were out but the promise behind Ryder's words stopped me from doing so.

"Do I have your word?" He reiterated and took a step forward. I nodded my head repeatedly but he wasn't satisfied with that so I replied,

"Yes."

His gaze stayed on me for a complete minute before he finally recognized the promise that I made. Little did he know, I was crossing my fingers behind my back. I would get out of here, just not now.

A couple of minutes after they left, a knock sounded from outside my door and I sat up from the bed I was laying down on.

The door opened and Natalie walked in. My eyes widened and I immediately panicked, ready to bolt at the first sign of danger.

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay. I won't hurt you. I promise I won't. So just- just calm down." She extended both her arms out and halted from where she was standing.

"I'm here to apologize." She said and took a step forward. I flinched at that and she saw it, retracing her step. Her mouth was formed into a tight line and she slowly nodded her head.

"Then I guess I'll stay here and let dragon do the work." She smiled and fully opened the door, revealing a large pitbull with a black and white fur and a tongue hanging from its open mouth. His ears were cropped, making it stand upright and adding more to the fearsome look.

"Dragon! Bite- I mean, play!" She ordered and the dog perked up at the order and immediately ran towards me. At first, I thought he was going to eat me but the wagging of his tail gave me a breath of relief.

The dog jumped towards me and from the expression on his face, I knew that mauling me to death was the last thing on its list. I landed back to the bad with an "oomphf" as he tackled me. He licked my face repeatedly and jumped from side to side.

"Down, boy." She ordered and Dragon immediately obeyed. He craned his head to the side as he looked at me and then back to his owner.

"A peace offering. I hope you accept the company." Natalie said and took a seat on the couch across my bed.