As I Wait

Ian's POV

"It's still working out in your favor, isn't it?" I chuckled as i leaned back in my  office chair.

He made that 'blah blah blah' face whilst rolling his eyes.

"You're on Skype, Alejandro... I can see you. And besides... Skyline is in money right now, we can't be pulling out investors. Let Tony remain on the project, there's absolutely no need to pull him out of the thing. I know you don't like him but just let him be. "

He sighed," Where's your girlfriend... Bonnie, right?"

" Yeah... She should be boarding her flight back by now. She was visiting her mother for the past two weeks."

"I don't know if you've heard but me and Jessica are getting married in September next year ."

"Of course, I heard... I'll definitely be there. Congratulations, man."

"Thanks... I'm hoping after my wedding, you'll finally take Bonnie's hand."

"That's the plan..." I sighed... "Hey, Alejandro . I'll call you later." I closed my laptop and looked at Christian who was at the door. "Come in."

"Has Alexis or Roderick called yet?" I asked.

He shook his head 'no'. "Bonnie?"

"Nope."

"Well, I guess it's okay because I checked the jet tracker and it already took off." he said and I offered him a seat. "So, how's Skyline?"

"Perfect... We're making money, so that's good."

"When are we going back to America? I'm getting tired of being single now."

I chuckled, "You had your eye on someone already?"

"Well, Bonnie's friend is cute..."

"Ming?"

He nodded and I smiled at him for a moment before I got up to pour us some drinks.

"So, the guys told me that you almost threw them a porno the other day with Bonnie on the dinner table." he laughed.

"Ohh... That's what you guys be busy talking about in there?" I gave him his glass and went back to my seat... "Let's just say, I almost got carried away."

"Don't you always?"

I chuckled, "Don't you have a job that needs to be done right now?" I laughed, "Get going, Christian."

He gulped his drink and gave me a weird look before snickering under his breath then he left.

After hours upon hours... Alexis and Roderick finally made their way to my office. Alexis walked up to to my desk and placed an open envelope. I pulled out a piece of white paper in it with black writing that looked like Bonnie's.

"Weren't you guys supposed to call before departure?" I asked before unfolding the paper but I got no answer... Instead they just stood there staring at the floor.

'Please don't try to find me... Just know I'm gone and as much as I'll miss you. I had to go.'

" Alexis, where's Bonnie? " I asked as i squashed the paper. "Roderick?" I took a deep breath when they didn't answer. I pulled out my gun and placed it on the desk. "I will ask this one more time..."

"We don't know, sir..." Alexis quickly cut me off...

Christian walked in with his hands in his pockets and his eyebrows furrowed , "Is everything okay here?"

"It seems that they lost Bonnie."

"Her mother told us that miss Hart said that she and the child aren't safe around you." Alexis added.