PROJECT

Bonnie's POV

Monday came and I still felt like I had a 'FREAK' sign over my head. I just haven't been touched by a guy since...

"Bonnie, I'm leaving." My mom notified me from downstairs.

In half an hour I was walking in the school's hallway... a bit bothered by the fact that I forgot my contact lenses and now all I see is blurred figures. Might be a good thing because that meant I couldn't see people that are possibly gossiping about me... well unless they are up close because I'm short sighted. I always carried my glasses just in case but now wouldn't be a great time for glasses. I would seem weird and NERDY!!

I got a text from Ian.
○Look behind you○

What was he up to now??...I slowly turned around to find him walking towards me.

"Look who's back..."I said as I shoved my phone in my blazer pocket.

He stopped right in front of me and looked down to my face. He's very much taller than what I'd imagined. I've never stood before him like this before.

"In the flash." He said as he swung his blazer over his shoulder. He pulled out a paper from his pocket and held it out for me to take it.

It was so folded and squashed. Honestly,I wasn't surprised... I mean you should see this guy. He hadn't tucked in his shirt inside his pants and his shoe laces were tied in a very awkward yet interesting way. His hair was hanging over his eyebrows and some strands were touching his eyelashes causing him to blink a lot and occasionally shook his head to move the strands away from his eyes. And his tie was hanging out his pants pocket.

"I tried answering questions 3 and 7 on our project. Can you just look at them when you have the time?" He blinked twice before brushing the hair off his face.

I put the paper in my bag then turned back to him,"I will."

I appreciate him not asking about Saturday because I have nothing to say about it.

"See you at my house then. "

I nodded then we just stood like that. With me staring at his chest and him staring at the top of my head.

"Hey,man!" A voice said behind Ian then he got pulled away from me by his mates and luckily Amy was already making her way to me.

"Hey... are you okay??" Amy asked as she came and stood next to me.

I cleared my throat before I answered," yeah. I'm fine."

She stood quiet for a second then whispered,"I saw you with Ian..."

"Because I'm his tutor." I said as I tried walking away from the questions that were yet to come from my darling friend but she wouldn't have it as she quickly rushed behind me.

"He likes you...doesn't he?" She asked as she stood in front of me blocking my way.

I dropped my arms to my sides and answered with a sigh," How am I supposed to know?"

She stared at me for a second then said," Or you like him?"

"Okay,that's it." I said as I made my way to class.

I took my seat then right beside me I heard a voice calling me lowly.

When I turned around it was Zach.

"You don't sit here...your seat is at the back." I said as I'm sure I sounded really pissed.

It was quiet for a second as though he was looking for the words to say. "I'm sorry about Saturday. I just wanted to dance and...-"

"It's okay." I cut him off not wanting to hear the details.

He continued," Look,Bonnie. I know you don't know me well. And you are close to Ian..."

The moment he said Ian's name my eyes rushed to his seat at the back and saw him just staring at me and Zach.

"...I think you're sweet. Pretty nerdy but overall beautiful. And I like you."

While I was listening to what sounded so like some weird confession, I got a text from Ian that read as ...○Need saving??○. I couldn't really just pick up my phone and type back while Zach was talking so I just ignored.

" How about joint tutoring sessions with me and Ian?" My eyes shot open at what he just said.

Trying to find the words I just ended up saying..."I'll talk to Ian first."

He nodded then made his way back to his chair.

A second text from Ian...
○You good?○

I ignored that one too.

During lunch time the whole school toasted to Ian being back and to a great basketball final game to come.

I sat with Amy and Ming trying my best to ignore Ian's lingering stares from across the cafeteria.

He eventually got up and made his way towards our table...

Oh God no...

Eyes all over the room shifted to us as he took a seat next to me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I scanned the room.

He took my apple then retaliated with a question of his own. "Why are you ignoring my texts?"

"Why are you staring at me from across the room?" I asked again.

"What did Zach say to you?" He asked with a slightly annoyed tone.

"You haven't answered any of my questions." I said awaiting his response.

He chuckled then continued to say," Because you ignored my texts."

I sighed then answered," Zach wants me to tutor the both of you..."

Before I could even finish my sentence he cut me off,"...Not happening."

"I could always tutor him on maybe Tues-..."

He cut me off again,"I said not happening. " He also sounded quite pissed.

He sat beside me staring at me but I kept my eyes glued to the table. It was a helluva awkward moment with Amy and Ming just staring at the both of us. After a few moments which felt like a life time a hand rushed through Ian's hair then a kiss landed on his forehead...

"Let's go,babe." Maya said as she took Ian's hand and they left.

As soon as I saw Amy's lips separate I beat her to whatever she was going to say." Don't say anything."

"You do know that Zach is the 1st on the school's hotties ranking list??" Ming asked as she shoved a chip in her mouth staring at me.

I shook my head no in surprise as I thought Ian was hotter but it wasn't my place to say.