Skyline Project

Ian's POV

Last i saw Bonnie was a week ago in Thomas's office... She'd been ignoring me for a whole week. I've never even seen her paying Tony a visit. She'd already done the ads Thomas was demanding but she never delivered them herself, instead she sent another Jared guy from her workplace. I hated it when she ignored me. It was like the first time I touched her back in high school all over again.

"You called for me?" Christian asked as he sat across me in my office.

"Yeah... Bring the car around we need get to that Skyline meeting in forty minutes."

"Where's Alexis? He's the chauffeur." he complained leaning back.

I sighed, "Handling something..."

"Bonnie?"

I deeply exhaled then looked into Christian's blue eyes and he gave me a tight smile before sighing. "What did you do this time?"

I chuckled, "I touched her... Just held her in my arms and breathed her in..." I paused before continuing, "She tightly held my hand and laid her head on my chest... Well, that was before she pulled out of my embrace and left."

"Explains why last I saw her exiting the building last week she looked like she'd seen a ghost."Christian got up and fixed his suit before speaking up again," She's in a relationship, Ian. She's probably feeling a bit confused... Old feelings resurfacing or something like that."

I grabbed my coat, phone and briefcase then we both walked out of my office. We got to Alejandro's estate,thirty five minutes away. It was a huge building, beautifully built with huge blue windows that complimented the white wall paint and the roof that was in a light shade of grey.

The doorman in an all black suit opened the huge wooden door as we approached and we were escorted to the living room by the helper then she served us each a glass of whiskey. Alejandro descended the stairs quickly with the sound of his expensive leather shoes echoing throughout the whole house. His long black hair tied up in a messy bun, broad eyebrows furrowed,  dark brown eyes intensely inspecting the two of us and his hands tucked in the pockets of his maroon suit pants.

"Ian!" he finally smiled as he opened his arms awaiting my hug. I got up and gave him a rough man-hug but it was warm... Me and him were pretty good friends. "Took you long enough to come this side. I've been anticipating your arrival for a year now."

I let out a chuckle as i sat down again, "Well, I'm here now." The helper rushed back into the room and served Alejandro with his glass of whiskey.

"Ian Joshua Clarke..." he gave a sigh as he widely smiled at me. "... You certainly know how to get business done. So, tell me about this Skyline Project."

"I thought you read the briefing file?"

"I did... But i just want to hear what you have to say about it. Ohh... Excuse my manners, this must be Christian. Your cousin?" he stretched his arm out to give Christian a handshake and he took it.

"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise..." Alejandro took a seat across us on a black leather sofa as he crossed his legs and leaned back. "Ian... Do tell."

"Skyline was dad's project but he never got to follow through with it. He planned to construct the most luxurious hotel here with a total of five other branches in a time period of approximately ten years. Huge amounts of money will be taken out with a project like this one. We'll have material shipments distributed by the company in all five branches. Makes it easier running a money laundering ring and shipping merchandise when you have a well-known, multi-billion dollar business as a cover up."