Moving On

Bonnie's POV

When I got home... My mom was already in the living room having breakfast while watching some tv.

"Happy birthday, honey!" she said placing her bowl down on the table and rushed to give me a hug.

"Thanks mom." I said not even trying to hide the pain i was feeling.

"Is everything okay?" she cupped my cheeks and tears ran down my face. "Oh no, honey... What's going on?" she pulled me to sit next to her on the couch.

I told her the sad story of the end of my relationship and she pulled me into her arms as i laid my head on her chest, she ran her fingers through my hair. She kissed my forehead and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Relationships are weird like that... But you loved each other and that's all that matters. Now go take a bath, get in bed, I'll bring you breakfast and maybe we can watch movies all day."

I smiled at her, "I agree... Minus the 'movies together' part. I'd rather be alone just for today."

She nodded and the doorbell rang then i went upstairs because mom was already getting it. I got into the bathtub filled with water that covered my whole body except my shoulders.

'would i ever get anyone to care, kiss me, hold me, love me and make love to me like Ian did?' was the main question running in my mind...

But I was a fool for even falling in love with him because even if he hadn't left, in two days i would've been the one leaving him. I took a deep sigh and just stared at the white ceiling as if it would ease my pain up.

After a long bath, i made my way to my bedroom covered in a bath towel. I found my mom seated on my bed carrying a blue envelope.

"This came for you."

I pulled my eyebrows together and took it from her... On the outside instead of a name it was written in small letters... In a familiar terrible writing that read...

'I'm sorry.'

"Ian was here?" I asked as i tore the thing open and my mom nodded then took a step closer to me to see what was inside. I took out the sword shaped earring and a note.

'Bonnie... I know you're really mad, but I'm also really sorry and I'll miss you. I hope you'll miss me too. I love you and I know you still do.

Goodbye, Bonnie.'

A part of me regretted reading that note because my heart just broke all over again and mom rubbed my back.

"I'll leave you to dress up and get your head straight... You need to be alone." she said as she shut the door behind her.

I got dressed and buried myself in my bed with Ian's note in my hands. Just as i was about to fall asleep Amy and Ming barged into my room.

"Happy birthday!"

I sat up on my bed and looked at them.

"It's not a happy one, I'm guessing..." Ming said as she put the cake on the nightstand and Amy popped the three balloons she had. They both laid on either side of my bed and I was in the middle. They both were just staring at me waiting for me to tell them what was going on and i couldn't really say anything so, i gave them the note.

"Okay, I don't understand... This is in riddles." Amy complained as she passed it over to Ming.

"Yeah... I don't get it either."Ming stated.

I sighed," He's gone... "

" Gone as in which type of 'gone'? "Ming cut me off.

" In Germany type of 'gone'...he's going to get married in four years. With Mira... His childhood friend. Four years in college, two years under his uncle's wing then he'll take over his father's company."