Home Alone

Bonnie's POV

Three weeks flew past like the wind and all I could say about the past time was I needed some peace and quiet because I was around people all week . It was a Friday meaning my mom's out the whole day... I didn't see her in the morning nor would I see her later.

●my phone rang●

It was Ian....

"Hi."I said as I tossed my bag in the back seat of my car.

He cleared his throat before speaking,"Are you coming today?"

," I might have to skip today. I just need loooong sleep... I'll check tomorrow. I know I don't do Saturdays but I'll make up for today. Yeah??"I sighed

"Cool...see you tomorrow."He hung up the call and I jumped in my car, headed straight home.

I got home and tried my mom's phone with no luck... just wanted to check on her.

I got in my PJ's and watched some Netflix movies then fell asleep...

Hours later....

I got up to a commotion downstairs. I hurried as I heard my mother scream... there I saw my younger cousin shot and there was blood everywhere. My mother grabbed my hand and moved me behind her to hide me as a group of three guys in black charged towards us.My mother was hit with a gun and she collapsed.

I tried rushing upstairs but one of the guys grabbed me and tossed me on the couch. He ripped my clothing and...
......................................................................

I jumped awake realizing I had the same bad dream I had almost every night and it seemed to get worse every time I tried to get myself used to it.

I just sat up all night thinking about how messed up my life was and just cried it out all night.

Next day...

"There wasn't anyone outside so I let myself in." I walked inside Ian's living room.

He seemed almost happy to see me and just smiled.

I took my normal seat across him and I was a bit dazed off today.

He stole a few glances at me before he could speak,"You look like you hardly slept?"

"That's true but... I'll manage." I said reassuring him.

"Yesterday ,Mrs Clarke took me to my doctor and he said I might be able to walk on my own by next week. " he told me with a huge smile .

My eyes widened with excitement," And I'm gonna be fired right?"

He just simply chuckled," I'm thinking...no. Because I really need your help ...especially in Mr Brooks class." He paused then finally parted his lips to say something,"Please."

As much as I didn't want to do this...dont get me wrong, I did want to do it... Confusing, I know. But... I was kind of scared to. I mean he seemed harmless but being me taught me to never get too comfortable...

Ian's voice pulled me out of my thoughts as he called my name waving his hand before me."Bonnie!"

"Y-yeah?"

He furrowed his eyebrows before asking again,"So??"

"I'll think about it. And if I agree tell your mom to increase my pay... it's not exactly easy working with you." I answered as I pull out my chemistry textbook and he pulled up that 'KILL ME NOW' face at the sight of it. I also pulled out a paper inside the book and handed it out to him and he took a sigh of relief before moving his lips saying 'thanks' with no actual sound coming out.

I got home after 6 hours of of our session . That day I was practically teaching Ian the basics of chemistry and he looked like that was the first time he had ever heared half of the things I said.

I checked my phone and I got a missed call from Amy. I also checked my messages and got a message from Ming.

●You okay??...you haven't been picking up your phone.Text me when you get this...♡♡♡●

●I'm fine,Ming. Tell Amy sorry for not picking up...just had a long day tutoring. And my phone was on silent. ♡●

In a few seconds Ming typed back...she was literally the fastest texter I knew .

●You never told us you have a tutoring job?●

It must've slipped my mind and besides I don't say much. I haven't had friends in a long while so maybe I just forgot the 'telling each other stuff' friend policy.

●ohhw,yeah... I'm Ian's tutor.●

●Ian as in Ian Clarke's tutor?●

●SHUT THE BACKDOOR... You should take us with you sometime. ●.... Now that text I could tell Amy texted it... probably snatched Ming's phone as she always did.

My mother dragged herself inside looking as tired as ever and threw her dead weight beside me on the couch.

●Hey guys , we'll talk tomorrow. Something came up.●

I wrapped my arms around her waist as I laid my head on her chest.

She gently placed her hand on my head and hugged me back." Want to sleep in with me?" She offered wiggling her eyebrows.

I simply nodded and then it finally came...

"But first get me something to eat before you sleep in my bed."she said as she pushed me off her playfully.

"I knew nothing is ever just easy with you. "As I got up she held my hand and looked at me dead in the eyes...

"Are you okay?"

I sighed before answering," Yeah ... but I still have nightmares. Don't worry I'll live... It's nothing I can't handle ."

I jumped off the couch and headed into the kitchen... Wasn't much of a cooker so, I just made her a sandwich.