Family

Ian's POV

Well after the call I got when I was with Bonnie, I took her home and watched as she made her way inside her house.

When I got home,my mom was already getting ready to go pick up my uncle Glen at the airport. Luckily I wasn't really sleepy so I went with her.

We waited for approximately 6 minutes them my uncle made his way to us. I was always his favourite nephew and he'd always remind me of that. He dropped his bag on the floor and gave me a hug.

"Ohhw ,Joshua...look how fine you've grown." He said as he pulled back from the hug.

He always calls me by my second name...in fact he's the one that gave it to me.

"How have you been,uncle?"

"Great...business is holding up and your cousins are all alright so everything's okay."

"Glen." My mother said as she held up her arms to hug my uncle.

"Elizabeth." Uncle also said pulling her into his arms.

I'm giving them 3 hours then they'll both be at each other's throats. They always fight over the smallest of things.

"Okay then...let us be going." Mom said as she opened the trunk for uncle to put his bags.

When we got home I helped uncle get settled in,took a shower,had breakfast because apparently that is very important according to Bonnie... I got ready to leave the house but I was stopped in my tracks...

"Joshua,son...where are you going so early?"

"Did you need you need something?" I asked hoping his answer would be no.

He cleared his throat,"I was hoping you,Me and your mother could talk."

Perfect timing...

I nodded,"Yes...we can. Just need to send a text to someone." I said as I made my way upstairs to text Bonnie. I really regretted that after she told me she's going out with Kris. Something about that guy I don't like.

Anyway the time came for our little family meeting and it was a long conversation about something I don't know yet.

"As you know after brother died the merger we had with your father's company loosened and the only reason why you're still living in this massive mansion is because of Joshua here." Uncle said.

"I know everything you just said Glen...why are you here?" Mom asked as she crossed her legs."And how long are you here for?"

"Until Joshua's school term is over. I'm leaving with him...I'm going to be his business mentor."

"What about college,Glen!" Mom scolded surely not agreeing to this.

"I decided to attend to a college in Germany." I said as I looked at my mother who was practically fuming at this point.

"You were talking to him?!"

"Mom, he's my uncle and soon to be my mentor... I ought to talk to him. He's my family."

Uncle sighed,"The boy's right,Elizabeth. This is a family business whether you like it or not. It's up to the lad to uphold our family name in every single branch we have...which happens to be 11 branches. So this argument we are having right now is useless. We are slowly losing the Jewish people and Mira is our only chance at securing it again."

"I told you to not talk about that now! You should've let me be the one to tell him!" Mom screamed at uncle.

"I already knew about that too."I said as i leaned back on the couch knowing mom is gonna throw a fit about that too.

"What in the actual hell!!! Do I ever get to be the one to tell my son these things?"

"Actually,mom... dad's the one that told me about the arranged marriage."

"How dare he!"

"Peter had every right to do what he did,he was his father." Uncle said as he took a sip of his wine.

"I'm the one deals with the consequences of all that eventually because Peter is dead! I have to watch my only son get into a loveless marriage in the name of business. At least me and Peter got the courtesy of falling in love because there were no loose branches back then and now that it's Ian's turn...he doesn't get a shot at love?" Mom protested as her voice began to crack.

"It's fine mom. If that's what it takes to fulfil my father's legacy... I'll do it. Without a doubt. Besides i have someone...at least for now. I feel like... she is my shot."

I think i just confirmed to myself that i might fall in love with Bonnie. 3 months isn't a lot but i guess I'm just going to have to make it count.

"I need a minute..." mom said as she stormed out of the room with her heels crashing into the wooden floor making it sound as though the ground was breaking.

"You drink?" Uncle asked as he got up and grabbed a glass and the bottle of  red wine.

"Yeah..." I took the glass and he poured my drink halfway then took a seat.

My uncle never really cared whether my mother agreed to something or not...it has always been my decision with him.

"So..." he said dragging the word out of his mouth.

"Bonnie." I said cutting him off already knowing what he was going to ask.

"Mmh...Bonnie. Tell me about this mystical being."

"Well..." I took a sip before continuing."She's smart,in my class,shy...uhm... She's short,very cute. Dimples,brown eyes,caramel skin,curvaceous..."

Uncle raised his glass to the 'curvaceous' part...

I chuckled,"Likes arguing with me although she knows i always win in arguments. She still doesn't think that I'm good looking..." I sighed then placed my glass on the coffee table."I just feel I could be her first boyfriend and really do her proud. You know?"

He nodded then also placed his glass on the coffee table. "I'm your uncle and I care and I say...you should go for her. Seems like a catch." He said as he took his glass again and leaned back."I wonder how you put up in this place. You have 'guy talk' with your mother?" He teased.

I laughed as i took my glass and a sip. I really did miss talks with the old man.

Night came and i found it quite hard to fall asleep so i called Bonnie.

After our call. I realized if i really want to be with her... let me prove my worth. I picked up my phone and called Maya.

"Babe?"

"Uhh...Maya. I need to tell you something."

"Are you okay?... don't tell me you had another accident because honestly..."

"We need to break up." I cut her off with those words that left her completely silent..."Maya?"

"Fine."

Then she hung up on me... well that went great.