Reaching Out

Bonnie's POV

I woke up to a text from Tony...

'Morning, beautiful.'

He was a pretty charming man and he always had a way of making me blush. My phone vibrated again... A text from Ming.

'Hey, can we go out for lunch?'

We haven't been out for a week and I really missed our time together so i agreed and got ready for work. I wore a black suit with thin white strips and a black heel, i let my big afro breathe as i stared at my reflection in the mirror. My suit pants tightly hugged my curves...my body had gotten a bit more voluptuous as compared to when I was in high school.

I grabbed my bag and headed to my car. I got to my office and did a couple running over the other ads we already had ready and I had to wait for others to come back from drafting before i could edit them or anything.

It was already my lunch break and afterwards I had a briefing meeting with my team,I wasn't really looking forward to it but Tony trusted me to lead the making of those ads, so I wasn't doing to disappoint. I headed out to the Daybreak restaurant and sat our usual outside spot. People didn't like the table at the back of the porch but me and Ming really liked the view of the street.

While I waited, I ordered an orange juice because well... I loved orange juice. After a couple minutes, Ming got there and took a deep sigh as she suspiciously looked around.

I also looked around trying to find what she was looking at but I couldn't, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah..." she threw her weight on the chair facing me. "I'm just tired... That's all. Work and stuff." she explained as she raised her hand calling for a waiter to take our orders.

"What's up with work?" i asked.

"Well... Nothing much. Just... Just the usual."

I chuckled, "What is wrong with you today?You seem jumpy and weird..."

"...it's nothing, I promise. We should just eat already." she smiled.

The waitress shortly arrived and we ordered. We ate with Ming making weird conversations where she'd talk about work then suddenly say 'never mind' when I asked something. Something was definitely up... But i didn't know what it was.

" Anyway, i have to go now... See you later, Bonnie."

I checked the time,"But your lunch isn't over for another fifteen minutes?"I complained.

She pouted and blew me a kiss," I'm sorry,but I really have to get back."she left me there.

I sighed and picked up my phone to call Tony but i was disturbed by a deep voice...

"Hey..."

I looked up to see a very muscular man in a black suit, black tie, white button up shirt and black sunglasses. Brown hair that he had pushed back and a couple bangs hanging over his forehead. Broad eyebrows, plump lips and a beauty mark just above his lips with stubbles that made him look more intimidating . He took off his sunglasses and his eyes instantly landed on mine.

When his hazel eyes found mine my jaw dropped and I was out of words. "Ian?" was all i managed to ask as i pulled my eyebrows together.

"Bonnie..." his eyes just glared at me with pure wonder... As if he was studying me. He had changed... His muscles certainly got a tad more fit,his hair, his voice got deeper and he was a whole lot more serious or just a bit scary... Like his aura just felt a bit darker. "... You look beautiful."

I couldn't believe my eyes, honestly... I just stared at him with my lips agape and I tried finding the words to say but nothing came. I was disturbed when my phone vibrated.