Business Party

Ian's POV

It was the day of the party me and Mira were hosting for our colleges, so we could get to know them better. It was around five in the morning and i was still in bed when my phone vibrated. Mira moaned in her sleep due to the disturbance and I got out of bed to answer it.

"Christian, it's five in the morning. Aren't you downstairs... Sleeping?"

"Not quite. Just got a call from Raz... He wants in."

I scoffed, "Wants into what?"

"Your business. He says he only has thirty six kilos worth of drugs to trade with for a spot."

I chuckled as i went out to the balcony, "What am i supposed to do with thirty six? Tell him i said he can shove his drugs up his ass and keep them there. I'm not doing business with him ever again."

"You do know that he knows about the gold trade we're in?"

"I don't care... He can't prove anything. Raz plays dirty and I don't like him." I hung up the phone and went back to bed.

"Was that Christian?"Mira asked with her eyes half closed and I nodded." What did he want?"

" Nothing, you should go back to sleep."

Hours later... Nothing was buzzing at work and it was about that time. Me and Mira got there a whole twenty minutes late because she wanted everyone to notice her outfit. She had a gold, sparkly dress with a whole lot of cleavage showing,gold heels. She also had her hair down and straightened it out,heavy make-up and red lips to finish up her whole look as she held on to my arms when we walked through the elevator doors and joined the party.

"Ohhw gosh,Mira... You look stunning!" one of the staff members complimented and Mira blushed.

"Ohhw... Thank you, sweetie."

"Champagne, sir? “A waitress asked as she stopped and held out the tray for me to take a glass.

" Thank you." i said as i took the glass and a sip of my drink.

" Mr Clarke... Looking good as always." Caroline , the head of press said as she gave me a one arm hug and moved to Mira, "Mrs Clarke... Beautiful."

"Thank you, my husband actually suggested that this would suit me perfectly." she lied as she took a twirl for Caroline... 'throwing a show for the cameras'

"Wow... Your husband has good taste. It's beautiful."

I smiled at the sentiment and finished my drink in one gulp.

"Let me leave you two ladies... I'll be right over there if you need me."I planted a kiss on Mira's cheek and pointed at a group of guy colleagues standing at a distance.

Mira squeezed my bicep," Okay, love you."

I went to the back where I found Christian just enjoying the party. Christian was the only friend i had for seven years... So, that was why I was always around him and he didn't have any other friends . I got another glass of champagne from the waitress that passed by just as i got to Christian.

" Bro, what's up? Where's Mira? " he asked.

"With the press... Whoaaa..."

Right at the corner of my eye, i noticed the elevator open and when I looked... I saw a dark navy, long, tight dress. Carefully showing the features of it's wearer...her hips, her breasts,her behind. Everything was perfectly displayed. It went over her shoulders with a reasonable amount of cleavage showing and a slit that stopped mid thigh. Glossy lips, a dusty gold make up shade and her beautiful hair tied with a few fallen strands on her face and the back of her head. Her caramel brown skin glowing underneath the bright lights. Her diamond strip earrings dangling around with every single movement she made. I deeply exhaled at how beautiful she looked and was pulled out of my thoughts when Christian cleared his throat.