Chemistry Project

(Well i thought my story parts were pretty short so I decided to make this one and following others a bit longer.)

Ian's POV

So, it was a Wednesday, I went for my doctor's appointment and got the concrete removed...so much better but the pain still stung here and there.

It was a long drive with my mother who kept asking if I needed anything... I definitely didn't like being felt sorry for.

"No,mom. I'm fine." I kept saying but she kept on insisting to get me pills or something else for the pain...so I grabbed my ear pods and shifted off to music land as I hoped this ride would end before I started to disintegrate in my mother's company.

For some weird reason I just missed Bonnie's company...she was almost like the only human being who doesn't show interest in my being in the school's hotties ranking list or that I'm very charming. Wasn't even sure why I made it to that list. Granted... I was hot but I just hated attention.

It hit me ... she didn't notice me?? As in Ian Joshua Clarke's charisma went unnoticed in Bonnie Hart's eyes . For once it actually felt good to not be the centre of attention.

"Ian ,Are you okay?" Mom asked as she removed one pod from my ear ... "I asked if you want help to your room or not?"

I took my ear pod from her and got out leaping my way to my room with the assistance of my one crutch.

It's nothing like I hated my mom or anything like that ... but we just didn't get along. And honestly I preferred it that way.

Bonnie's POV

** At School **

Mr Brooks walked in and crossed his arms over his chest as he stared at the noisy class... it took about a minute before the whole class noticed his presence and then there was silence.

"Okay..."he sighed as he moved slowly in front of the class ,"... I have a small project  for the lot of you on chemistry..." the class mumbled a bit but eventually settled as he pulled out papers from his bag and passed them out to each and every student. "Those are your instructions and questions. I'll be expecting submissions by next week Friday... and also I've grouped you up..."he continued with the long list of paired up students except I didn't hear mine on the list.

"Uhhm...mr Brooks?"

"Yes,miss Hart?"he moved closer to my desk.

"I didn't get a partner. "I said lowly

He chuckled then finally answered..."It's Ian. You're already helping him so I thought no one could work better with him than you. Besides you haven't complained about his lazy ass."

I just simply went silent as I died inside because basically I'll be doing all the writing because he had terrible handwriting and because he refused think, I would also have be the brains of the whole thing.

"Have fun , Hart." He said almost amused by my reaction.

The bell rang and as I made my way to my car I had Amy and Ming walk me... basically draining the life out of me asking about Ian."Bye guys...i love you and see you tomorrow."I said without wasting a split second I was gone.

Ian had the biggest smile ever when I walked in ... he kinda did look cute. And I meant that in the most innocent way possible.

"What's with the creepy vibes?"... I teased as I take a seat. He pointed under the table so I leaned over to peak and his leg was free."Ohhh... this is exciting. I'm really happy you good. "I say as I brushed my hair off my forehead and mistakenly our eyes met...For a split second then I pulled my eyes and looked at the table.

He scoffed ," And you wanted to break up with me after I start walking on my own?"

"Speaking about breaking up with you. Unfortunately, i can't anymore." I said as I pulled out our project from my bag.

His mood just suddenly died at the sight of it. "But it's great that I'm with you than any other annoying soul in the class. "

"We have to submit it next week Friday... so let's get cracking. "I grabbed my textbook from my bag .

He sat quiet for a while then finally spoke. "I was thinking.. how about a break?"

I slowly opened my textbook as I carefully listened to what he was saying.

"Maybe we can play some sort of knowing each other game?" He pursed his lips awaiting my response.

I tried fighting off the smile that was slowly creeping on my lips then I finally laughed...and to my surprise he was actually being for real. "Are you sure?"I asked clearly lost.

It's not that I didn't want to play... I wanted to. He seemed like a great guy unlike how rude some people painted him out to be. I had never talked about myself to people, I just let them wash me up with details about themselves.

He stretched out his arm to close my textbook and my hands jumped far away from his hand to my lap... I was always so jumpy,It was creepy.

"O-kay,first fact about you...you don't like physical contact. Got it."he paused as he took my textbook and put it in front of himself and proceeded."My full name is Ian Joshua Clarke, I'm 19.And half Jewish."

I took a second before I also spoke..."It's just Bonnie... Bonnie Hart. I'm 18. Pretty much all black."

"You don't have a second name?"

I took a second to think then eventually I came up with nothing and I shook my head.

"Come on,Bonnie... loosen up. I don't bite. Tell me anything about you."

"Uhhm... like school?" I said not even sure if that's 'loosened up' enough.

He made gagging sounds pretending to vomit then he said," Bonnie that's boring. If you didn't mind me touching you I'd shake the liveliness out of you." He pouted

I laughed. "Maybe I'm just boring..."

Before I could even finish my sentence he cut me off," No...trust me that's not true. I know a boring person when I see a boring person. And you aren't...you just need some sort of guideline. "He paused..."I like basketball and adventurous activities ."

I chuckled at the thought of me saying something boring,"Well,I'm not sporty...and I like watching stuff. Like series...anime,movies...yeah."

He narrowed his eyes at me."Naruto?"

"They should really consider changing  the name of the show... Naruto isn't the only amazing character. "I smiled and pursed my lips.

I chuckled again at the thought of me being so bubbly around someone other than my mother and as I looked at Ian he was staring at me almost as though he was examining me.

The silence was awkward so I started packing my bag.

"Hey...what are you doing?"he asked pretty confused.

I stared at him for a second then I dropped my bag." So you still have questions?"

"The party on Saturday?"he asked flipping the pages of the textbook aimlessly.

"I don't do parties. Besides you're not even supposed to even consider going... you're hurt."

"Trust me by Saturday I'll be feeling amazing. I can't miss out on another party... never. And you Lone Beauty,need to live a little. "He suggested as he got up and took a few steps without his crutch.

I laughed a bit at what he was doing..." this is your master plan to get yourself at the party?"

He turned back to look at me and gasped," It's genius... isn't it?"...he took another step and looked at me again. "You should come and watch me steal everyone's attention. It's gonna turn to a Ian's back party."

Honestly I had a really fun time this afternoon...
Ian was a pretty nice guy ...he literally chatted my ears off.