New Beginning

Ian's POV

"I love you." i whispered then i heard the door shut. I felt as though Bonnie was leaving with my heart but I couldn't change the situation because I had to go.

I ran my fingers through my hair realizing that I might never see her again and I took a deep sigh as i held on to the kitchen counter. The door flew open and I didn't even bother looking because I knew it wasn't Bonnie.

"She's gone." Uncle Glen said as he patted my shoulder.

"I'll go take a shower." i said as i left him there.

"Where are your bags?"

"In the closet.I already packed everything." i answered as i turned on the faucet and the hot water hit my skin. I closed my eyes and memories from last night hit me, her body, how she moaned my name, how she tasted... Urgh! I put some shampoo on my hair as the water ran down my body. My heart felt heavy, especially that she found out not from me... I was a real jerk for wanting to leave her over a note.

After a couple of minutes, I was done and I went to the kitchen to get some water. I stepped on an earring... The one i gave Bonnie the previous day. I remembered she put it in her jeans when we got here. It must've fallen when we... I grabbed on the edge of the counter hard until my knuckles as i tried my best not to go crazy.

I got dressed, i tied up my hair again because I still hadn't curled it up so it looked a bit odd... But she cut it good, though and headed out. Uncle Glen and mom were already waiting for me. "I'm done."

"Are you good? You're looking a bit down." mom asked as she grabbed her car keys and phone.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. May i drive?"

Mom nodded as she gave me the car keys. "Sure... Why not?"

I grabbed the keys and we all headed out,leaving Marianne there. Pretty sure she was going to miss annoying the hell out of me. I got in the car, uncle in the passenger side and mom at the back.

"Can't believe i get to sit at the back in my own car." mom complained as she fixed herself and got comfortable.

I drove out of the driveway and instead of taking my left i took my right. I knew my mom would flip but i wasn't just going to leave on Bonnie's birthday without giving her anything.

"Ian, the airport's that way..." mom said as the pointed behind.

"Let Joshua be... He's got something important to do, i guess." uncle Glen said as he looked behind at my mom."We got an hour and thirteen minutes to spare."... Uncle Glen was always understanding and I appreciated that from him.

Mom put her hands up in defeat, "It's okay."

"It'll just be 10 minutes." i said as i focused on the road ahead. Getting to her house felt like forever. I was nervous she was going to be the one to get the door and I wouldn't know what to say or do.

I pulled up outside Bonnie's house, her mom's car was parked out the driveway and i as i walked closer, I found myself hoping her mother would be the one to answer the door because i might just make Bonnie cry all over again... I got to the door step and rang the doorbell as i took a deep sigh.

"Coming!" i heard a voice call out from inside. Bridget opened and she gave me an unreadable expression... Guessing Bonnie already told her, "Hi, Ian."

"Hi, Bridget..." i cleared my throat before reaching into my pocket and pulling out a blue envelope, "May you please give this to Bonnie for me?"

She hesitated but she then took it, "I will... Just because she's mad at you, doesn't mean she feels different about you than she did yesterday or the day before."she said as the corner of her lips went up to make a smile," You're a good kid. Have fun wherever you are going to."