Turn Out

Ian's POV

It was already 8pm on the dot and I'd been waiting at that gas station for five minutes already. A black truck came to pull up next to my car and Raz jumped out of it with the biggest smile on his face.

"Ian Joshua Clarke... My man!"

I knocked on the window and Christian got out of the car with the two gym bags we had filled with the money.

"You know what the best thing about you is?" I remained silent and just watched him as he loaded the bags in his truck. "It's okay even if you don't want to talk... I'll just say it anyway. I like that you keep your promises... You always deliver and you protect the ones you love. I'll call you later."

"You don't have my number."

"Don't worry... I'll contact you either way." he got inside his car and drove off.

I got inside the car and sighed.

"This guy will keep coming back, Ian."

"I know..."

"So...You're just going to wait for him to contact us? Ian, cut this guy off..."

"And what, Christian? Huh!? Bonnie dies and I act cool with it?!" i snapped at him.

He turned his upper body to look at me at the back of the car. "I didn't mean it like that..."

"Then you meant it like what? Christian do you want me to let the love of my life die?"

"Ian,listen..."

"Alexis start driving before I kill Christian."

Alexis nodded then drove off. The rest of the drive was silent and i kept on sighing out of frustration. My head felt like it was going to explode and I felt like Alexis was the slowest driver in the world. When I got to the house Mira was already asleep and I just sat in my home office staring into the abyss until it was sunrise. It was a rough day.

The next week work was going pretty well, except for me still feeling a bit grumpy ever since last week. Me and Caroline have certainly been flirting more because I was bored, hadn't talked to Bonnie in days, I was still kind of mad at Christian though he apologized and i still hadn't heard from Raz which made me wonder what he was busy plotting.

I had just finished the paperwork Ming had assigned to me and I was pulled out of my thoughts when i suddenly heard a door knock. "Come in."

Tony entered my office and i furrowed my eyebrows because he hardly ever came to my office, "Mr Clarke."

"Mr Marshall?" I put my hand up offering him a seat and he took it. "How can I help you today?"

He cleared his throat, "Mr Clarke, I want in on the Skyline Project."

"I don't think I follow."

"The Skyline Project... I said I want in."

I scoffed, "I don't get it... You're part of the company so, you're already in. I don't know what you want."

"I know about the huge amounts of money that go into our accounts for this project. Just in case you were wondering... I saw it on Ben's laptop history he was still wiping out but i saw it. I don't have proof but trust me I know."

I put my feet up on my desk and just remained silent.

" Judging from those huge amounts of money. That cannot be just for business and i want to be in whatever you are doing with those investors. I don't care what it is... I want in on everything. "