Job offer

Bonnie's POV

Well school wasn't interesting just like any other day... except for being called up by Mr Brooks in his office after school.

"Mr Brooks,you called for me?" I said and he motioned his hand gesturing for me to sit.

"Bonnie,this is Mrs Clarke... Ian Clarke's mother."He introduced the beautiful woman seated across me and I gave her a polite smile.

"Hi,Bonnie. "She stuck out her hand for me to shake it.

"Mrs Clarke here is looking for a tutor for her son,Ian. Since I'm overbooked with after school tutoring , I thought maybe you can take him for me..."

My eyes widen as I cut Mr Brooks off.

"But..."

"I know you just got here and still trying to fit in but you have proven to be the smartest one in my class so far." He said as he shifted his eyes from Mrs Clarke to me.

"But,sir...Ming and Ben and also Bridget are smart?" I complain.

"Ian isn't exactly the nicest student so I doubt anyone would want to help him...except for you. You don't really know him so I think you'd be perfect ." He said trying to shut me up."And I already tasked them with some lower grade students."

I sighed exhaustively and pouted at him.

Mrs Clarke pulled a paper out of her purse and passed it over to me. It was Ian's grade for the class test they took a month ago and he got a D- ... Was it that bad?

"Please,Bonnie." She finally spoke as she looked at me with begging eyes.

"Do I have to touch him?... Since he's injured and all?" I asked as I finally gave up on getting out of that situation.

"Not at all...he has a private nurse around the house to help him with stuff that he needs." Mrs Clarke answered with a sigh of relief.

"Why do you ask?" Mr Brooks asked.

"I can't say... it's personal." I concluded as I got up after a long while of silence and waited for someone to say something.

"Can you start today?" Mrs Clarke asked as she also got up.

I nodded and pursed my lips.

"Thanks Bonnie ." Mr Brooks said as he leaned back on his chair.

**Ian's house **

It was a huge compound with a very serene vibe to it. She also had a really nice rose garden. Mrs Clarke led me to a door behind the staircase and to my surprise...Ian had his own man cave. His own living room,Kitchen,Bathroom and bedroom... it was like he had his own house inside his home. Practically his own section of the house.

"I'm hardly ever in here so when you're here for lessons just let yourself in." She said as she led me to the backyard where Ian was staring at the far distance lost in his own thoughts. "Ian." Mrs Clarke called for the 4th time clicking her fingers before Ian's face.

"What?"He answered rather unpleased by his mother's presence .

Mrs Clarke looked over to me and as she was about to speak... Ian beat her to it.

"I'm guessing you got me a tutor. Bonnie Hart,how unexpected."He said staring at me.

"I'll be going then." Mrs Clarke said as she patted my shoulder, whispering a 'thank you' and left.

Ian got inside and took a seat in the living room,placing his crutches beside himself and the leather sofa made the worst noise as it succumbed under his weight... And what made it worse was that he wouldn't stop moving . I followed and sat across him.

"How do you know my name?" I asked as I took out an exercise book.

He chuckled lowly as he looked carefully at what I was doing before answering. "Just because I haven't talked to you doesn't mean I don't know you...besides everyone knows the new,pretty girl."

I simply raised my eyebrows and nodded at his response... I gave him back the class test paper that Mrs Clarke gave to me.

"Classic mom."He said clearly annoyed and shoved it in his pocket."So,what are we learning?"

"What do you want us to learn?" I asked as I grabbed a pen from my blazer's inside pocket.

He sighed ,"honestly, nothing. But since you aren't here for nothing...Math."

Well...that went great. He literally didn't get anything right. He didn't memorize formulas,his listening capacity was like plus minus 4 minutes then he started dozing off to day dream land. When I got home, I found my mom getting ready for work.

"I was starting to get worried...where were you??"she asked as she cupped my cheeks and closely examined my face ..."You are okay,right?"

"I'm fine,mom but I just forgot to tell you that I got a job." I said as I threw myself on the couch.

"What job??"

"I'm tutoring a guy in my class." I sighed.

Her eyes widened at my answer ,"A guy??...dont get me wrong it's just that ever since..."

"I'll be okay , mom."I said reassuring her. "My phone's always on and he's hurt so ... I'm pretty much okay for now." I got up and took off my blazer.

"If he ever tries something..."

"You'll be the first one I'd call or Officer James." I kissed her forehead and went to upstairs, "Don't forget to lock up!"

"I won't!" she slammed the door shut behind herself.

If I was to continue with these sessions with Ian... I needed all the energy I could get, so I didn't binge watch anything that night... I just went straight to sleep.