Work

Bonnie's POV

After a three day's break, i returned to work and tried to cover up the previous day's work. After the lunch break, Gabriel, my boss summoned me to his office. I took a deep breath before pushing the huge glass door open...hoping he wasn't going to complain about anything.

"I just got a call from Thomas, the bald guy from Majestic... He called for his ad. He wants to see you in his office by four."

I nodded and I got up but as i was walking to the door, i stopped and looked back at him, "Couldn't he just call me?"

He simply raised his shoulders then dropped them and i left... This felt like it had Ian written all over it. But I was going to go regardless of my brain screaming at me telling me to stay put... That was my job so I drove there and waited in Thomas's office for about twenty minutes before I heard the door behind me fly open.

"Miss Hart... You finally came?"

I nodded as i cleared my throat and finally spoke up," Yeah... I'm sorry i had to cancel our meeting yesterday..."

"Seeing as to how long it took you to return to me, i took it upon myself to call your office and have another meeting."

I let nervous chuckle as I tried to find the words to say, "I..."

He cut me off, "I don't think you understand the urgency of these ads, do you?"

I tried explaining myself but I didn't like being pressured for something so i just remained silent.

"Tread lightly, Thomas... Don't you think you're being too harsh?" a familiar low deep voice suddenly interfered and i instantly took a deep breath trying to calm myself.

"Mr Clarke?" i still hadn't looked back to see the owner of the voice and as soon as Thomas said his name, i sighed with my eyes threatening to roll.

"Give the lady some time to finalize the things you want... Waiting isn't bad at all." Ian walked up to Thomas's desk and sat on the edge facing me with his ankle crossed over the other. "Now, may you give us some space?" he requested politely with his eyes fixated on mine.

"Yes, sir... I'll be right outside if you need me." He quickly closed up the files that were on his desk and accidentally dropped one but he was quick to pick it up. He scurried out his office as though he had been caught intruding in Ian's and he slammed the door shut.

It was awkwardly silence for a moment since he was just staring.

"Did you want to say something?"I finally cut the silence that was killing me.

He nodded and took a deep," That night... I told you I wanted to talk... "

" And i said not yet." I cut him off.

" Then when? “

"I don't know..." I grabbed my bag and before I could get up he blocked me by gripping both armrests of the chair i sat in . "... Ian?"

He bent even lower as he came closer to my face and i couldn't bring myself to move back, instead I just sat still staring deep into his hazel eyes, "Bonnie, you can't just keep ignoring me."

"I'm not..."

He chuckled, "You so are. You can't just pretend that i don't exist, as if we were never an 'us'... Because we were."

"I know, Ian... I'm just..."

"Still mad at me?"

I let out a sigh and he scoffed.

"I get you were mad at me and still are... But i know you also left two days after me. You wanted to be the one leaving me over a note instead? Why didn't you tell me?" he asked softly as his hand dropped off the armrest and landed on my exposed thigh. I'd worn a loose, button up, black dress that stopped just above my knees but since I was sitting, it came up mid thigh. His cold fingers lightly brushing over my exposed skin causing my breathing to pick up and his eyes paid careful attention to my every movement .

"Why didn't you tell me, Bonnie?"

My brain was screaming at me telling me to get up or push him away but my body wasn't moving and to make matters worse, my eyes dropped to his plump lips.  There was something unusually sensational about him being so close to me, touching me... But I was with Tony and what was happening was wrong . My lips parted as I was still trying to find the words to answer his question.

"I... I don't know." I said as i let out a shaky breath when his face drew even closer to mine. Then he suddenly pulled me on my feet and his hand held the back of my neck with a chunk of my hair in it, and the other held my hand that was hanging on my side .

He intertwined our fingers as he pulled me closer and buried his face in the crook of my neck... Loudly inhaling my scent and I rested my head on his shoulder and I also took in his strong manly cologne scent. As I breathed him in my eyes shut but I remembered that I was with Tony and I took a step back. His hands fell to his sides and he just stared at me with an unreadable expression as i grabbed my bag and I could still feel his eyes drilling holes in my body as i walked out without looking back.

I shut the door and stood against it trying to pull myself together. My breathing was all over the place and my nose could still smell him on my own clothing. He had such a muscular scent that was very intoxicating. I grabbed the collar of my dress still feeling the cold tip of his nose on my neck. I felt so bad for wanting so much more of him...

Urgh! I shouldn't have been thinking that way, but I couldn't stop. I hated that he had such an effect on me. I jumped away from the door when I heard the doorknob turn. Ian walked out and just stared at me as he slowly shut the door behind him. I quickly walked away from him and i heard him scoff... Pretty sure it looked as though i was running away from him. I got into the lift and finally took a heavy sigh when the doors closed and i was left alone in the confined space with my thoughts.

I immediately got a text from Tony asking me where I was.

'At work.' i texted him back as i got to my car and drove myself back to work. My head was clouded with thoughts I couldn't quite figure out. My head was just all over the place.

"So, what did Thomas want?" I pulled out of my thoughts by a small familiar voice and I looked up to see Jade, my co-worker staring at me.

"Wha... I mean, nothing... He was just catching up on the progress."I wasn't a very good liar and I was just hoping she wouldn't call me out for it. She simply raised her eyebrows with her eyes squinted.

She kissed her teeth as she tapped her long nails on my desk." If you say so... Your answer isn't convincing but if you don't want to talk about it then I'll leave you be."

I rubbed my temple, "Thank you."

She gave me a tight polite smile and she dramatically turned around with her hair flying with her movement as she walked away.

The rest of the day wasn't much fun considering the fact that I couldn't stop thinking about Ian.

*******

hey,guys...just really wanted to say something since Y'all are already on this chapter. Uhhm, thank you very much for reading this story, you are appreciated and are very much loved by me.

don't forget to vote and comment, please 😌. I'll try keeping it as interesting as possible, if I can. Please please comment on how it is so far, your views on how to switch it up in the next chapters.... ❤️.