SESTIEN

Hope you all are enjoying the story so far! Enjoy!

~~~

Both Lisa and Jennie sat opposite from each other, staring blankly ahead of themselves as the rain pelted against the practice room window, a flash of lightning going off at certain times, along with a few rumbles of thunder. By now, Lisa eyes were adjusted to the dark and she could make out the brunette huddled against the wall, hugging her legs as she stared ahead.

"So-"

"No." Jennie growled back, tossing a glare at the blonde as she sat and hugged herself. Lisa scoffed.

"You don't even know what I was going to say."

"Don't have to. It's going to be something stupid."

"Okay, just what is your deal? Why are you so bitchy all the time?"

There was nothing else for the blonde to do other than wait and maybe converse with the brunette, which was probably the most painful thing she has ever had to do because of the adversity that Jennie seems to have with talking with her. Not one decent conversation and it did not help that they were locked inside the building.

The best guess that they had was that the flash of lightning must have struck something and cause a power blackout in the university and due to the security systems in the practice rooms, they have been set in an automatic lock which will only be opened once power is back. And with Lisa phone having a lack of service before of the power blackout, the two of them were basically stuck in there. And Lisa did not know if there could be a worse punishment.

"I'm not bitchy. I just say what is on my mind."

"Well, your mind could be a bit politer. Didn't you parents ever teach you if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all?"

She heard Jennie scoff. "Of course they did, but they also taught me to never show my weak side to anyone. People are always lurking in the shadows to take you down, so you need to have strong defences to get them to back off."

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows at the brunette, the gears turning in her mind as she looked at the girl sitting opposite the room.

"Lurking in the shadows? Why, do you have an assassin out to get you or something?"

"Oh please, as if I have something like that after me. It just means that people below you are always trying to take you down. So, you need to show how strong you are so that they wouldn't dare take you down."

"Wow, you make it sound like people are out to get you."

"Aren't they though? I'm Jennie Kim, the only child to Jiyong and Sandara Kim, heiress to Kim business empire and all of its branches and most successful in the world, just who would take that lying down unless they have something to gain from it?" Jennie said, her voice sounding defeated, as if she has been holding on a weight for ages.

Lisa hummed in response. She thought about what Jennie said. And she had to admit, the brunette did have a point. She has only heard over and over how rich Jennie's family is, how big and powerful the Kim family are in the business world. And with Jisoo and Jennie being the heiresses to the businesses, they probably were brought up with the idea of others trying to overtake them, especially since they will be the leaders of the biggest business enterprises in the world.

"Can I ask you something?" Lisa asked, looking over at the brunette. Jennie shrugged.

"You can but that doesn't mean that I will answer." She said, haughty as ever. Lisa restrained herself from scoffing, but she was truly interested in the answer to the question she was about to ask.