32: Well, does this look like the past to you?

It was like a staring contest, a group V.S. staring contest kind of thing while the boiling rain continued above them.

"Who are you three?" Eda asked, finally breaking the silence.

Lucia, Amelia, and Salix glanced at one another before introducing themselves.

"I'm Salix,"

"I'm Amelia,"

"And I'm Lucia."

Eda scoffed at them.

"Nice try hiding your names like that, we all heard you call each other Luz, Amity, and Willow or whatever!" She said.

Luz was staring intently at... Lucia.

"Oh, let me explain." Salix took lead for them.

...

After a while of explaining, they understood one another for it.

"So you three were running away from getting killed and ended up here? And through some kind of portal, you got stuck here, so now you three are trying to figure a way back to your rightful universe?" Eda summarized everything as best as she could after taking in a bit of apple blood.

Salix nodded.

"Trying here because this thing's password to connect in is hard to crack, it's probably been more than three hours since I started trying for a while." She said while showing the laptop.

The screen was black and the letters, digits, and symbols were all green and in some numerical kind of font.

"Uh-huh, don't understand that but how'd you three even get in?? My home security here is topnotch." Eda said as she pushed the laptop aside.

"You mean Hooty over there?" Salix asked as she pointed at the closed door.

"Yeah?" Eda glanced over the direction she was pointing.

"Ask her, she knows exactly how," Salix said as she turned a pointing finger towards Lucia.

"Luz!" Eda called.

"Yeah?"

Both Luz chirped back, surprising each other because of it.

"I mean... 'Lucia'." Eda corrected herself with a quick grunt before continuing with, "How'd you get past Hooty??"

"Oh, the owl thing?? Made friends with it, and besides, I wanted to see how high it'd go up in the sky with me riding on it." Lucia shrugged.

Eda huffed.

Her home security was easily destroyed by a teenage human who just wanted to see how stretchable they were.

...

"Are you like... My future self??" Luz wondered in awe in the living room.

Lucia was taken aback.

"Oh! Now I know why you look so familiar!!" She chimed with a quick finger snap.

"Will!!!" She yelled, yanking Luz and carrying her like a baby.

"Look!! This is when I was like! Super young!! Before us, three even met!! This is like my past self!!!" She exclaimed with Luz only feeling completely flustered at the situation she was in.

"Well, does this look like the past to you?" Amelia taunted.

Lucia held back bark and scoffed out, "Well, no, but look at her!!"

She then proceeded to shove Luz in front of Amelia's face.

Luz wore a look of fear when she stared at Amelia's piercing glare of slithering gold.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm looking!! Get her away, Luz, and put her down, she's not some item you can shove at people's faces!" Amelia said when she saw Luz's frightened look.

Lucia was quick to put her down and pat her head.

"Well then you shouldn't glare at her like that, it's like how you went to scare those children in that nursery to keep an eye on some brats for extra snails on arcade games." She said.