39: What!? But your family--

"Can't believe you're making us spend two days here!" Salix exclaimed as she walked over to the laptop sitting idly on the kitchen table.

"Hey, it's not my fault you three caused an uproar like that! It was funny though." Eda said as she walked over to change into her pajamas.

"You wanna sleep while we're here?" Lucia smirked.

Eda squinted her eyes at her.

"I don't like that look one bit, kid." She hissed.

Lucia chuckled at her before walking over to Salix.

"Calm down, it'll be fine, it's not like she'll do shit on you unless we're keeping an eye on her," Amelia said as she also walked over to Salix.

Salix was smiling while typing.

"No way..." She was in awe of her findings.

"What's up?" Lucia asked.

Salix raised a smile across her face as she said, "ok, this is not like Rick and Morty at all! But like... Gravity falls!"

"Oh, I love that show, best ending ever!" Lucia awed before adding, "but do continue."

Salix nodded and opened her gauntlet.

"This little thing over here is not just something that can open portals to different alternative universes, but it can also open up portals to other living galaxies, stars, different kinds of earth, and I mean... It can even open up to the underworld!!" She said.

"So it's like a portal to everything." Amelia chimed.

Salix nodded.

Amelia smiled wide.

"That's really... Really..." She was becoming speechless.

"That's really epic~"

Lucia decided to help her and they both nodded at that statement.

Salix could agree even more as she typed away again.

"So how do we use these gauntlets then?" Amelia asked.

"Well, according to this thing, there's this thing called 'time charge' which describes the percentage of how much energy is in the gauntlet we wear. It shows up under here." Salix said as she Amelia's arm over and turned around.

There was a thin line, it was a glowing blue color.

"This is the time charge??" Amelia hummed.

"Depending on mine and yours, it's in full charge while for Luz, it's taken half of it down after she used it last time," Salix said as she pulled Lucia's arm over for them to look.

"See?" She added.

Amelia and Lucia nodded in understanding.

"So how do we get back?" Amelia asked.

"Oh, we just set the coordinates down on the small plate and keypad on the gauntlet," Salix said.

Lucia frowned.

"I dunno... I don't really wanna go home yet," she muttered.

Amelia and Salix glanced over at her with confused looks.

"It's just..." Lucia continued.

Amelia placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey... It's ok," she smiled warmly to ease her down.

Salix glanced over the laptop.

"We're not forcing you here." Amelia sighed.

Lucia smiled.

"I know but... You two want to go back right..?" She mumbled.

Amelia bit her lower lip.

"In all honesty, I don't want to go back home either... Or never." She said.

"What!? But your family--"

"Ok, stop with my family! Don't you just get it!? I don't fucking care about them!" Amelia snapped at Lucia.