41: Why?

Amelia glanced over at Salix to see her wear such a look of surprise and irritation.

"Yeah, Salix, the professor here wants to see your potion 101 skills~ Go on and show them how you did it before."

Amelia and Salix glanced over to Lucia who gave such encouragement to her.

But it wasn't encouragement, that was merely a taunt to do something, not a chicken would ever do.

"Look, your seatmate is encouraging you, come up front now, young lady."

Salix smirked and stood up from her seat, with hands inside her side pockets, she stood up beside the professor who already prepared ingredients of all kinds.

She was quick with everything from moving ingredient to ingredient and beaker to beaker.

"There, all finished." She said as a fizzling concoction was now in front of the professor.

"What are you waiting for, professor? Aren't you going to do a taste test for me? I'm still quite new here." Salix cooed.

Somehow, that cocky attitude disappeared and was replaced with suspicion and worry.

With clear hesitation, they drank a bit.

Nothing happened for a moment or two before it finally struck.

The professor became a sluggish little snail.

"Yeah!!" Lucia smiled clapping her hands.

Salix chuckled and pretended to bow a bit before she reached down and picked up the professor with one hand.

"Well, let's get you back to normal now, professor, wouldn't want to keep you from the fun now, ehh..?" She laughed as she tossed the snail into a different liquid.

In a flash, they were back to normal but were on the table dizzy with all the types of equipment and ingredients scattered unto the floor.

Amelia and Salix have each other a fist bump for that.

...

"And two hours in and you've already caused trouble." Bump sighed.

"Well, it's not our fault the professor was taunting Will." Lucia scoffed.

"Miss. Lucia..." Bump groaned under a hand.

"What???" Lucia wheezed.

"They should've known better than Will here literally studied potions to a brim that she already memories every single potion she's taken a sweet time reading about!" She whined.

Bump perked up.

"You know a lot about potions..?" He asked, his gaze centered towards Salix who sat right side with Lucia.

Salix just shrugged nodding.

"Don't ask how or why, I just do." She huffed.

Bump nodded before saying, "I think we'll be done here for now, why don't you skip the next class for now and wait for lunch hour?"

They agreed and left the office.

...

The sound of a whistle rang loud as the three sat in the bleachers watching a Grudgby team, pretty much the Banshees, play and practice on the field.

"Y'now their Grudgby here is awesome." Lucia pointed out.

"How so?" Amelia asked.

"Seriously, Amity? I mean... Just look at the field! Traps and stuff appear if you're not careful playing." Salix laughed.

Amelia smirked.

"Ey, Will... Still got it with the plant spells??" She snickered.

"Why?" Lucia laughed.

"I know what you mean..." Salix cooed before slipping a paper down by the wind.

It flew down unto the field, far away from the Banshees. With a press on her phone, it activated without them noticing.

Then a large spiky plant sprung up, ruining their gameplay.

They all stifled laughter as they walked away as if they hadn't noticed anything and as soon as they were away, they began laughing and joking about it.