ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

Officer O'Riely stood by the police cruiser, staring into the graveyard with a look that told me he didn't want to be there. He had his arms crossed over his chest protectively, with his lips pulled down into a slight frown. Chief Bard stood next to him, his eyes on his phone.

I wasn't sure why they didn't bring another officer along. They needed at least two people to verify what was said, and if O'Riely fainted again, they'd have nothing to go off of. I couldn't be the one to verify, because I was the one doing the raising. Necromancers weren't considered valuable witnesses since they were usually too busy making sure the body didn't collapse.

Kyler and Lucian couldn't do it either. Even if they both weren't playing my dogs, they weren't recognized by the police station as trusted witnesses. To do that, they'd have to go to the police station and fill out a stack of forms, as well as consent to a background check.

I slid out of my car, then went to the backseat to let both Kyler and Lucian out. On the drive to the cemetery, I kind of wanted to stop off at a pet store and get them collars, but figured that they already wanted to kick my ass for asking them to be my dogs.

O'Riely looked over, and even in the moonlight I could see his face pale. His mouth dropped open ever so slightly at the large beasts.

"I thought you said you had one puppy," he said, somehow mustering up the courage to get closer to me. "There are definitely two, and they're definitely not puppies."

I placed my hands on each of their scruffs and smiled. "Had to get the brother. Also, all dogs are puppies."

Chief Bard put his phone back in his pocket and took a solid minute staring at the two "dogs" on either side of me.

"Those are wolves," Chief Bard said, reaching me before his subordinate did. "While I won't ask how you got them, I will advise you that owning wolves is illegal and you probably shouldn't have them outside like this during the daytime."

I could have owned a human-eating alligator and he wouldn't have arrested me.

He shook my hand and I smiled. "While you're correct that they're wolves, I also need to point out that wolves are a type of canine. So...puppies."

Lucian huffed.

O'Riely finally reached us and knelt to see the two wolves better. Thankfully he was staring at Kyler, because I had a slight feeling Lucian would take O'Riely's eye contact as some form of dominance game. Kyler, however, just let the officer do as he wanted.

"Why aren't they leashed," O'Riely asked.

Well that only made me wish I had.

"Try putting a leash on one of them." I nodded towards Lucian. "Especially this temperamental asshole."

Lucian turned his head and bit my ass. I jerked forward, glaring back at him. I could have sworn there was a smile on his face as he watched me.

I motioned towards the graveyard. "I need to head out in about twenty minutes. Are you going to be okay, O'Riely?"

He finally looked away from Kyler to look at me. "Well, now that I know what I'm dealing with, yes. I didn't realize what you were because someone" - he glared at Bard - "didn't tell me."

What, instead of who. He didn't see me like any other human. Which I wasn't, but it was always nice to see where I stood in regards to the people I knew. He probably only saw me as a necromancer - someone to raise the dead for his gain. I doubted he even knew I was also part vampire. If he found that out, would he be scared?

I followed behind Bard and O'Riely, listening to our feet crunch on the dry grass. This graveyard, verses the one I went to a few weeks prior, was not well taken care of. There were headstones that were only a few years old that had been broken, and there were some that I couldn't even read the writing. It was sad, knowing the groundsmen didn't care enough or respect the dead living there.

The grave we walked up to had new soil piled on top. The tombstone said the woman died only five days before, and the freshness of the soil made me think she was just buried that day. Thankfully I wouldn't need to put much blood into it. I'd still need to have some after, but I could get Lucian or Kyler to drive me home.

The raising was pretty standard. They got the information they needed from the woman, and O'Riely did his best to look like he wasn't about to pass out by petting Kyler and Lucian. Kyler seemed to like the touch, but Lucian looked like he wanted to tear me apart with his bare teeth through it all.

I said I only needed one. I couldn't help the fact that they both volunteered.

Chief Bard handed me cash as well as his normal "you'll see the deposit soon" before leading an unsteady O'Riely away from the graveyard.

At least he didn't pass out.

I headed towards my car, pretending like the world wasn't spinning around me from lack of blood. If I was a normal necromancer, I'd more than likely need a blood transfusion. Thankfully I had a small stock of blood in my fridge.

I handed the keys back to Lucian. "Please drive."

He shifted out of his wolf form and took the keys. "Are you okay?"

"Just need blood," I answered, rubbing my forehead. "I'll be fine in a bit."

Kyler shifted back into his human form and opened the trunk, shuffling through the bag of clothes they brought. As they both changed, I slid into the back seat and laid my head back against the headrest.

Kyler got in beside me as Lucian rolled my seat back to fit his longer frame. I almost laughed. I knew he was taller, but the fact that he didn't even try to sit down before moving it told me that I was way too close to the steering wheel for him.

"Do you have blood," Lucian asked, finally getting in.

"In my fridge at home." I closed my eyes, then realized that made the motion of the car amplify, so I ended up just staring at the back of the front passenger seat.

Lucian glanced in the rear view mirror, meeting Kyler's gaze.

"You can drink from me, if you want," Kyler finally said.

I'd end up marking him by accident. Kieran never taught me how to keep from doing that.

When I said as much, they only shared another glance before Kyler said that it was fine. It was almost like he was getting permission from his alpha before answering.

"Suit yourself," I said, too exhausted to argue. "I like warm blood anyway."

•••••
A/N: How did Grave Sight go from 4K reads on the 15th of this month to over 47k reads now? 😂