ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕪

I hadn't seen Kieran, Lucian, or Kyler in over a week while my mom stayed with me. I had a feeling they had people watching me on occasion, regardless of whether or not I saw them. I felt like there were people outside, mostly at night, but my gut didn't tell me that they were bad.

Then again my gut also allowed me to follow Jason.

I stared out the window.

"I think I'm going to head home today," my mom said, coming out of the guest bedroom with her luggage in tow.

I turned and faced her. I didn't want her to leave, but knew she had a life to get back to. And hell, I could go and surprise visit her and maybe meet this mysterious grocery store man. As long as I didn't surprise her while they were in the middle of something, all should be good.

I nodded. "Thank you for visiting. It's done a lot of good for me."

She raised her eyebrows. "And yet I haven't seen a hot werewolf or vampire enter this house since my first day here."

I snorted. "I'm still trying to figure out how to go about it."

A sigh, and she shook her head, utterly disappointed in me. Or that's how I was taking it. I didn't know what she expected. That same day I kicked them out I would tell them hey I wanted to continue whatever it was we had going on because I loved them? Sure. I was sure that would go over well.

I had to at least pretend I was giving them time.

I blew out a breath. "Do you need me to take you to the airport?"

"Nope!" She tapped her bags. "I got an Uber. I've never taken one before this trip. He'll be here in ten."

When she decided on things, she decided quickly. She must have gotten a last minute flight home. If it were anyone else, I would have taken offense. But my mom had always been like that. When she made up her mind, that was it.

I strived to be like that, but sometimes I wasn't as good at it as her. Hence my predicament with Kieran, Lucian, and Kyler. I was afraid now that they'd see what I was talking about and decide that maybe I'd been right. Maybe the jealousy wasn't worth it in the end. Then where would that leave me?

Looking like a whole ass idiot is where that'd leave me.

I made her a cup of coffee for her to drink before she left, she she sipped it with gratitude.

The Uber arrived earlier than expected - Speedy freaking Gonzales - and I gave her a hug before opening the door for her. She blew me a kiss and headed towards the black vehicle, looking for all the world like someone about to head for a nice vacation, rather than back home.

I closed my door when I saw her slide into the vehicle. I stood there for a moment, staring ahead and listening to absolute silence. How long had it been since I had silence? No one at my house? It felt like an eternity.

I grabbed the coffee cup my mom left in the sink and washed it out before putting it in the dishwasher. I could have cleaned, but my mom went on a cleaning rampage the day before, so my house was next to spotless. It was never dirty, but she had always been so anal about things being clean. She almost started cleaning my room but I stopped her before she could go in. I knew she'd end up going through my clothes and rearranging them and I did not need that.

I smiled gently. It really had been nice to see her. And I figured half the reason why she didn't tell me when she was leaving was because she didn't want to see me sad.

I sent her a message.

Me: Let me know when you get home.

Her message came back immediately.