ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖

Lucian stared at me, taking his sweet time putting the car in drive to take me home after removing the mic from my ear. The blood I drank was working its way through me, and I did my best to pretend I didn't notice his eyes on me. I hadn't had enough for it to be as bad a reaction as normal, but I was still reacting to it.

Kenna was nowhere to be seen either, which left me alone with Lucian.

Which was a bad idea.

Naomi's words swam in my head, and I realized that I hadn't thought of Kieran as a vampire at all, even as he was biting me. And I certainly wasn't thinking of Lucian as a werewolf as I sat next to him.

Mental growth, everyone. I get a gold star.

Or it could have been the blood. Either way…

"Please take me home," I said.

"Are you okay," he asked.

I made a point to stare at the gear shift. "Put the car in drive, Lucian."

I had half a mind to call him puppy again, but Lord knew what would happen if I said that.

"What is going on with you?" He put his hand on the gear shift, but didn't move it to drive.

"If I tell you, will you please take me home?" I finally met his eyes.

He nodded.

"When a vampire drinks blood," I had to look away, "it heats up the entire body. Inside and out. Which in turn creates a feeling of need."

He thought for a moment. "So you get…"

"Horny," I supplied, covering my face. "Please drive."

He didn't put the car in drive like I'd asked. I could feel his eyes on me, and I didn't want to know what was in those eyes. I didn't want to react like I thought I might if there was hunger there, and I didn't want to see disgust either.

"Nova," he said.

I kept my hands over my face as my heart thrummed against my chest. My body was too hot in that car being in such close proximity to him.

I was embarrassed of my reaction to blood, no matter how small. If I would have more than a mouthful, I didn't think I'd make it home. But the longer it took for Lucian to drive, the more difficult it was becoming to hold back.

"Look at me."

I threw my hands down on my lap and glared at him, and the look in his eyes stopped me dead.

There was no disgust at all.

"If I told you that I want to feel what Kieran just did when you bit him," his voice was cautious, "what would you say?"

My heart literally skipped in my chest and all I could do was focus on breathing, because if I didn't, I'd probably pass out.

Honestly, with that look in his eye and the way I felt in that moment, I would have given him just about anything.

"When," I asked.

"When we get to your house," he replied. His voice was still cautious, but there was a hint of something else. Like he knew I was going to say yes.

Just because I knew how to make it feel good, didn't mean I'd go around biting people for giggles. Nor did it mean I'd drink blood more often than I needed to. But he did ask, and he asked previously, after I told him that it would hurt him.

I tapped his hand on the gear shift. "You have fifteen minutes to get back to my house, or it's a no."

The drive to my house was twenty minutes, depending on traffic. He knew that as well as I did, but he put his car in drive and did his best to get to my house within that fifteen minutes.

When he put his car in park in my driveway, and looked at the clock, he puffed out an amused breath. He made it in sixteen minutes, not fifteen.

I opened my door and got out. Then I wiped the shit eating grin off my face enough to lean down and look into the car.

"You coming?" I raised my eyebrows.

His eyes widened as they went from me to the clock, then back to me. If he brought up that it had been sixteen minutes, instead of fifteen, I'd let him go. But if he didn't, I decided to look over it.

He shut off his car, never saying a word about the extra minute. When he got out and followed me to my door, nerves and the blood from earlier curled in my stomach. It didn't feel bad, but I honestly didn't expect to feel nervous.

I let him inside and shut the door, and when I turned back to him, he had me pressed up against it within seconds, his mouth over mine. His hands slid up my hips to my bare sides as his tongue danced against mine.

I hadn't expected kissing. I guess I needed to start expecting the unexpected when it came to Lucian.

He pulled away, his pupils dilated to an extent that I wondered if it was him or his wolf looking at me.

I read that when a wereanimal gets turned on to a certain extent, their animal takes partial control. The new wereanimals sometimes shifted during sex, so some semblance of control was needed during any sexual encounter. Which was partially why some wereanimals waited a year after being turned to allow themselves to have sex.

Those were just articles I read though, and being part vampire, I knew they weren't always right.

"It was sixteen minutes," he said, his voice gruff.

I almost laughed.

"But hell if I'm letting you kick me out at this point." He smiled.

"Funny thing about that." I smiled back. "I knew it took sixteen."

His smile turned feral, and I wondered if he'd be fine with just a bite, or if he'd want more.