ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖 ℍ𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕆𝕟𝕖

Kieran closed his club down for the night so that I could personally meet all of his vampires. They trickled in one by one, none of them speaking a word, yet curiosity seemed to bloom on most of their faces. I didn't know any of them besides Mateo, his friend Paul from the movie theaters, Selene, and the bartender from my first visit to Delirium. And to be honest, I didn't know her name.

Kieran had more vampires compared to Lucian's pack members. Much more, it seemed. Where Lucian had a little less than forty wolves, Kieran had what seemed like over fifty vampires. It made sense. The city we were in was predominantly run by vampires.

I stood next to him, hoping I didn't look like I was about to piss myself from nervousness. I couldn't handle another round of what happened with Lucian's pack last time. I'd lose my shit.

One thing was for sure - Kieran's vampires seemed more inclined to listen to what he was wanting to say than Lucian's wolves did. None of the vampires spoke. They nodded a hello to others in the group, but besides that, their eyes were on Kieran.

"I appreciate your willingness to gather under such short notice," Kieran said, his voice seeming so loud in the room. "As all of you are aware, I have brought you here to get to know the woman I will hopefully have the opportunity to bond to."

Still, no one said anything. They looked on, either knowing Kieran had more to say or just not having anything to comment on. Some of their eyes strayed to me, looking at me like I was some sort of trophy he brought in for show.

"She isn't a full vampire," Kieran continued. "I know most, if not all, of you know this. But while she may not be fully vampire, she is a force to be reckoned with regarding her powers. So as much as I hate to say it, if you disrespect her in any way, I'll allow her to discipline you how she sees fit."

His eyes fell on Mateo, as if that bit was specifically said for him. It took a lot of effort not to sneer at him. I was making an impression, whether I spoke or not. Keeping calm and collected in front of these people was a must.

All I really knew of vampires was what I'd come to know in my time with Kieran, and what I had read. But one didn't have to be book smart to see that they were waiting for a crack. Some form of weakness. Mateo may have known that weakness, the others did not.

"What, may I ask, is her power?" The female bartender spoke up, and when I looked at her, she smiled and winked at me. "My apologies, hon. I guess I can ask you directly. What is your power?"

"Mimicking," I answered. There were other things I could do too, like create earthquakes, but I think that was solely when I was pushed too far into anger.

Her eyebrows raised.

"She's able to watch someone use their power, and replicate it." Kieran's face didn't change, but I heard a lilt of something akin to pride in his voice as he spoke.

"I still have a lot I need to learn about it," I didn't want to tell them I just recently figured out that I could mimic powers, rather than just fighting moves. "It's not perfect."

Mateo rolled his eyes.

"It will be good for him to have someone to rely on," a male said. I turned and he gave me a smile - one that seemed pretty genuine. "He's been different recently. In a good way."

"You also helped find Selene," someone else said.

I looked at Selene, noting with some relief that she seemed to be doing well. When she noticed me looking, she gave me a nod. It would take some time for her to move on from what happened, but at least she didn't look like she was tearing her hair out from grief. I was also glad that my face - one that I shared with one of her captors - didn't frighten her.