ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩

"I swear to everything that is holy and unholy," I glared at Mateo, "I'm going to put you permanently six feet under."

He began laughing so hard that he had to hold onto the wall for support. It didn't take me long to figure out that was exactly what he wanted to happen - for Lucian and Kieran to walk in to me holding things I supposedly "needed".

Kieran smirked. "I was getting my hopes up that you were actually picking those things out."

I shoved them back at Mateo. "If and when I buy sex toys and lingerie, it's online. I don't embarrass myself by coming to a store."

"But you do buy sex toys and lingerie," Lucian teased.

I flipped them off. The two of them alone were trouble, but together? I needed to get them away from each other as soon as possible.

It was odd seeing them next to each other. They weren't alike in any sense of the word. Separately, I thought Lucian was taller than Kieran, but I'd been wrong. They were close in height, but Kieran was maybe an inch or two taller. Their skin tones completely contrasted one another's, as did their hair color and length. They were both attractive and had their own appeal, don't get me wrong. I just hadn't realized how different they truly were until they were right next to each other.

"I already spoke with him regarding your odd fascination with his wolf." Kieran watched as Mateo put things back where they belonged, still laughing to himself.

My odd fascination, huh? Is that what it was?

"Cute that you'd lie to me all this time," he said, his violet colored eyes narrowing on me.

I kept my face as neutral as I could. I couldn't even look at Lucian for clarification. What exactly did he know? Did Lucian tell him he was only using me to find Jason? He wouldn't have done that, would he?

"What have I lied about," I asked.

"You didn't care about Jason at all," he said, taking a step towards me. His hand came up and moved a strand of hair away from my face as he studied me. "You wanted his alpha."

I blinked. "I want no such thing."

Sorry, Lucian, I thought.

He hummed. "Oh? Then why did you mark him?"

I did look at Lucian then, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion like maybe he could explain it to me. When he only shrugged, I turned that curious glance back to Kieran.

"You're still so new to this," he muttered, shaking his head. "The way I taught you to make your bite pleasurable is all well and good, unless you have some form of shared sexual attraction towards the person you're biting. In that case, you mark them as yours. It only lasts for a few weeks after the bite, but it makes it so that no other vampire tries to attach themselves to him until the mark fades. So, I guess in a sense, you protected him."

I felt my face slowly begin to heat.

"Well," Kieran continued, almost absentmindedly, "him and me."

Mateo started laughing again when he saw the look of absolute horror on my face as the realization hit me.

A normal woman would have been flattered that both of the men she was attracted to were attracted to her. Me? It scared the shit out of me - not only because they were both at the top of their respective groups, but also because I marked them as mine.

"Then," my voice was quiet, "did you...mark me?"

Mateo excused himself, and I could hear his laughter all the way from outside the store. The more time I spent around him, the more I disliked him.

"No." Kieran smiled. "Because I know how to stop myself from marking someone. I didn't realize you'd go find someone right after our little rendezvous and do the same to him, or I would have explained."

He didn't really have much time to explain. I practically ran out of there the moment I realized that it would only take so long for the blood to hit me. Then I promptly took Lucian back to my house and bit him.

I felt called out, and embarrassed as hell.

"I'm sorry," I said to Lucian. "I didn't know."

I wouldn't apologize to Kieran, because he could have explained it before I bit him. Lucian didn't deserve to be marked by a vampire, not when he was an alpha.

Lucian touched my arm, then slid his fingers gently down to my hand, leaving goosebumps across my skin.

"I don't mind," he said. "Mark me as often as you want."

Kieran's eyes narrowed at him, and I was brought back to what was said before Mateo took me into the store. How I was off limits. That paired with the odd emotions swimming through Kieran's eyes in that moment made me question what the emotions could be.

It couldn't have been jealousy, could it? As interesting as I was to Kieran, he had plenty of women he could be with at any point in time.

But I guess so did Lucian.

"You'll need to teach me more," I said to Kieran. "Obviously I didn't have a teacher growing up."

He finally tore his glare away from Lucian to look at me. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed it to me. "I'd be glad to. Give me your number and I'll let you know what times work best."

I typed my number into his phone and handed it back to him.

"It's a little late to be training you," he said. "But better late than never, I guess. I'll be taking my leave. I'll text you later, Nova. And remember what I said, Lucian."

Then he turned and walked away, never once looking back at us.

"So," Lucian said, bringing my attention to him, "you don't want or need any toys?"