ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖 ℍ𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"You did what," Lucian asked incredulously, his eyes flicking back and forth between me and Merlin.

Kyler's lips thinned, but he didn't say anything. Kieran, however, looked like he was about to blow a gasket.

We hadn't been gone long. It had barely been over an hour and a half, and they were expecting me to be gone for at least three to four hours. Their surprise at me being home so early shifted to suspicion, then to outright protective anger when I explained what had happened.

I knew Lucian didn't need me to repeat myself. So I just smiled.

Just wait until they found out I was bitch slapped by an old dude. Or maybe I should keep that to myself. While they were mad at me for raising dead people to scare a bunch of mages and witches, I doubted they would hold themselves back once they found out I'd been harmed in the process.

"Nova," Kieran said. "What the fuck? You realize they aren't just normal humans, right?"

"You weren't there," Merlin said, coming to my defense. "My parents won't do anything. Not after that. Even if they did, I got plenty of messages from the death mages at the gathering that said they'd protect her as long as she doesn't mind doing them a favor whenever they need it."

Kyler's eyebrows drew together in concern.

I looked over my shoulder at Merlin. "Tell them I'll do each of them one favor, no referrals, and I'm only doing a favor for the ones that were there at the time. I'll need the names and numbers of those people also."

He nodded and pulled out his phone, his fingers moving over the screen quickly. When he put it back in his pocket, he looked up and cringed at the looks he was getting from the other men in the room.

"All I can say is that she was awesome." Merlin shrugged, trying to explain himself. "After my father slapped her, I knew shit was about to go down, but I didn't know..."

His voice trailed off. I did everything I could not to look at them. Truly, I did. But I couldn't help it. It was like a freaking train wreck with the way their expressions shifted. It was also rather funny, because I could tell they'd been spending time together outside of our little foursome, because their expressions were so similar it was uncanny.

"You know what," Lucian said. "You should have had them kill the bastard. What's his name?"

"And address," Kyler chimed in.

"No." I held up a hand, trying to hide my laughter. I probably looked like I was having a stroke with how hard I was focusing on not smiling. My lips just kept twitching as I tried to keep my stare hard and my eyes narrowed.

Surprisingly enough, Kieran noticed it first and snorted a laugh. The guy looked like he was going to find Merlin's dad and kill him himself not ten seconds prior, now he was laughing at my inability to keep a straight face.

Kyler's shoulders relaxed, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Thank you again, Nova." Merlin said. I turned back to him and he nodded his goodbye before heading towards the door.

"I wasn't kidding, you know," I said. He stopped right before he opened the door, his hand centimeters from the handle. "It wasn't just for show. If you need me, message me."

He looked over his shoulder and I could have sworn I saw tears in his eyes as he smiled. He nodded again, then he was out the door, closing it behind him as he left.

I watched the door for a minute, and the three men in the room with me allowed me that moment in silence. While Merlin and I didn't have a great start - which could have been avoided if he would have just explained himself - I did feel a need to protect him. I just hoped he would message me if he needed me. It'd be a pity if the last time I saw him was the only time I got to see the true him.

I understood the feeling of need when it came to people liking me. While it was true I had my mother, who would bend over backwards to do just about anything for me, besides her I had no one. Well, before Lucian decided to Hulk smash my freaking front door off its hinges all those months ago.

Who knew this was where I'd end up?

Onto the next pressing matter.

I finally looked back at Kieran, Lucian, and Kyler. They watched me, and not for the first time, my body responded to their being in the same room as me. They were all so different, yet I couldn't imagine my life without them anymore. I loved them. All of them. And they loved me enough to allow me to not have to make that choice between them.

"I'll bond and mate with you," I said. "As long as you all are sure that's what you want, and as long as you're sure that you're okay with this."

"Of course we're okay with it." Lucian grinned. "Oddly enough I don't hate the guy anymore."

I smiled back at him. "Oh, that's good. Speaking that if you mate with me, you're going to have to see and talk with him pretty damn often."

Kieran shook his head, an amused tilt to his lips.

I also would have never guessed they'd all become friendly. I was still getting used to that. Though once I was used to it, they better be ready for the bromance jokes. Because boy were those brewing.

"When would you like to do it," Kyler asked. "We'll let you set the pace."

"I figured I'd bond with Kieran first." Not because I wasn't interested in Kyler and Lucian's mating ritual. More because I wasn't fully ready to have those teeth marks in my skin that Lucian made on his hand. I didn't mind some pain, but that shit looked like it hurt. I'd need some time to mentally prepare myself for two of those.

Kyler nodded as if he understood. Which maybe he did. Maybe he felt the small trickle of unease I felt. I just hoped he didn't think it was due to anything other than the fear of how those bites would feel.

"But first," I looked at Lucian. "I need blood. Then I need to call Naomi."

****
A/N: A couple things:

1. Grave Sight now has text to speech! I think the text to speech is still in beta testing (it's a bit buggy for me so it would be weird if it was fully released), but it's super exciting to me that people are able to listen to Grave Sight now
(')

2. If you haven't noticed/seen, I have a new book available (Once Bitten) that will have regular uploads once Grave Sight is finished. There are six chapters available now, and there will be random/sporadic updates in it until I'm able to write "The End" on Grave Sight. Check it out!

Have a great weekend!