ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

I didn't dare lie to Kieran in fear that he'd catch me in that lie. Plus, he knew no one from Lucian's pack could stay with me, and he knew every vampire in the city because they were his. If I said there was another unregistered vampire besides me, he'd force his way in to meet them only to find out that I was full of shit.

So fuck me sideways, I was staying the night in his house. At least Mateo wasn't there anymore. The guy grated on my nerves enough to make me actually want to kick his ass. Whether that was possible, I wasn't sure. But I was willing to try.

I sat in the living room, staring at a black screen of the television as Kieran did whatever it was he was doing at his club. He said I'd be safe in his house, especially paired with the mark I didn't like, so he left me to my own devices.

I stood, getting antsy with the fact that I was in an unknown place. I didn't know when he'd be back - whether he'd spend his night there until they closed or until he finished what he needed to do.

For some reason, I didn't actually feel safe in his house. I wasn't sure if it was because I didn't know the area I was in, or because I didn't know the layout of the house. I just knew that I was uncomfortable. I liked knowing where I was.

So I did what any normal person would do and I made a plan to snoop.

The kitchen had basic necessities, I already knew, so I didn't bother starting there. The first place I went was the one place I was most curious about - his bedroom.

It took three tries to find it. The first door I opened was a bathroom - as plain as a bathroom could possibly be. I wondered if he preferred the minimalist lifestyle or if he was just that clean. He and I would never work if he was just that clean.

I paused, pursing my lips at the thought that I believed we could work otherwise. Then I pushed the thought away and went to the next room - which was a bedroom, but I could tell it wasn't his because it didn't seem like a room he would sleep in. I'm not sure what I believed he'd have in his room, but it wasn't a plain white room with white bedding and white walls. It almost seemed like a room belonging to a psych ward.

The third room I could tell was his. While the other bedroom was simple, I knew his would have a little bit more of him in it. Like it had his essence, where the other room didn't.

I stepped inside and looked around, suddenly feeling like maybe I shouldn't be there. It didn't even look like I'd find anything of interest if I did go through his things. Also, if he was to keep anything interesting in his house, why would he keep it in his room out of every other room?

"What are you doing?"

I spun around, hiding my hands behind my back like I was a child just caught stealing candy. I hadn't even made it fully into the room. I was just standing outside of it, staring in, wondering if I should go through with my plan and go through his things.

Kieran raised his head and looked over me into his room. "You're either tired, or snooping."

Trying to snoop, but didn't even get the time to talk myself into going through with it. How the hell did he come up behind me without me noticing?

I raised my eyebrows.

"But if you were tired," his eyes found mine again, "you would have stopped in the first room."

I smiled.

He didn't.

"You were gone for a while," I said. "I got curious."

He motioned for me to go inside his room. "Then be curious."

Well then I felt like that was a test. I just didn't know how to pass that test.

"Why don't you just tell me?" I shrug. "It's better than trying to find a journal and taking the time to read it anyway."

His lip twitched, and I wasn't sure if it was in annoyance or if he found me funny. But he slowly pushed me into his room, then closed the door. When he locked it, I stiffened.

I looked behind me, to the bed. "There's...nothing in here, is there?"

"Nope," he said, creating emphasis on the p.

I nodded, like that made complete sense. Of course he wouldn't keep anything of interest in his room. He probably kept it locked up somewhere - or on a password protected computer. I didn't snoop often...for incredibly obvious reasons. Who checked the bedroom first?

He grabbed my shirt and pulled me towards the bed.

"Wait!" I struggled. "Wait! I'm sorry!"

He hummed and bent me over, forcing me to catch myself on my hands on his bed. The mattress sunk under my weight and before I could stand back up, a sharp pain radiated from my left butt cheek.

"What is with you and spanking," I hissed. "I'm not a child."

He leaned over me, pressing his front to my back. He reached up and grabbed both of my wrists before sliding them forward, pinning me to his bed.

"Then stop acting like a brat," he murmured in my ear before he bit down on my shoulder, right where his mark was. My body jerked and I sunk into the bed, biting the comforter to keep from making any noise.

Apparently biting down on a mark was almost as pleasurable as making the mark.

He ran his tongue over the bite. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I said I'm sorry," I spat.

"But are you?" He kicked my legs open.

I turned my head and glared back at him, only to freeze. His eyes met mine, glowing slightly with what I could only assume was lust. He didn't move, barely breathed, as he watched me.

I pushed back against him and he stiffened, his eyes narrowing.

"Not really," I said. "Speaking that I didn't go through with it."

His lip curled into a smirk. "And that's why you're getting spanked. Now, count."

••••
A/N: If you don't follow me/don't get my updates - I just had a baby recently so updates will be slow until I get the hang of juggling writing and motherhood. There will be updates, I just don't know how often they'll be posted. I'm sure I'll get back in the groove soon. My only request is you be as patient as possible with me ❤️
Thank you!