𝔹𝕠𝕟𝕦𝕤 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝔻𝕚𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖𝕤

**Kyler's POV**

I stopped in Nova's doorway, glancing behind me like maybe she'd appear and tell us that she was kidding. That she didn't want to stop what was going on between us. Because that's how she truly felt, was it not? I felt her emotions as surely as I felt my own, and the regret was clear in her emotions, even through her scathing words.

I knew she wasn't going to come. She was too stubborn and hard-headed to change her mind so soon. But she would change her mind, and we had to figure out how the hell to get over whatever negative feelings we had towards each other before that happened.

I turned her lock and shut her door, making sure that even after we left, no one would be able to get in.

Lucian was already on the phone with someone from our pack to keep watch over Nova.

At least I wasn't the only one who knew she hadn't been honest with herself.

I looked over at Kieran, who was already staring at me. His arms were crossed as he leaned against the driver's side door to his car, and even if I couldn't feel his emotions as well as Nova's, I could feel something, no matter how faint. He was annoyed, but also resigned in a sense.

"We need to talk," Kieran finally said once Lucian got off the phone. "The three of us."

Lucian merely nodded his agreement.

Kieran rattled off his phone number. "I'll text you in a bit. I have some things to do first."

I stepped up beside Lucian as Kieran slid into his car and drove away.

"I'm not jealous of you," Lucian said.

I raised my eyebrows and watched as he went to the car we arrived in. I followed silently, slipping into the passenger seat.

"I didn't think you were," I replied.

I wasn't jealous of him either, quite frankly. But I was going to keep that to myself, mostly because it would probably hurt his ego more if I admitted to it, rather than stay silent on the matter. I'd never been jealous of Lucian. He and I grew up too close of friends, and everything he received, he did so in earnest. I didn't envy his position as alpha. I'd never want that job myself. I'd never do what was needed to be done for that position either. Killing to receive a top spot, versus killing to protect? I stuck on one side.

On the topic of Nova, I knew Nova loved me. I could feel it. But I could also feel she loved Lucian.

And Kieran.

Kieran was the issue. Not because he was a vampire, but he had this weird vision of needing to own other vampires. I worried his fascination with Nova was just because he wanted her in his clan.

It didn't bother me that she loved the three of us. Would I have preferred her to love just me? Yes, absolutely. But I'd prefer her in any way I could get her.

Which apparently meant I needed to get over my problems with Kieran.

Later that day, Lucian drove us to the meeting spot - which of course had to be Kieran's club. It unsettled me, even knowing it was a safe space for all manners of paranormal, because it was his turf. A neutral meeting ground was all well and good, when the neutral meeting ground wasn't owned by one of the people we were dealing with.

"Before we go in," Lucian stopped me before I could open the car door, "I need to say something."

I relaxed back. He was full of nerves, and it wasn't clear whether those nerves were for what he was about to tell me, or for what was about to happen inside.