ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

I was uncomfortable as hell. The dress was too tight, hugging the curves I tried to hide on a normal day. It was sexy to some, but I had always liked comfort over attractiveness.

I straightened my blue-black hair, noting that I'd need to dye it again soon to cover the dark brown roots. But for the night, it was fine. I didn't necessarily know how to do makeup, so I did what I could with what I had, putting foundation and concealer on before lining my sapphire colored eyes with black eyeliner.

It would have to do.

The only thing I didn't budge on was the shoes. I couldn't wear high heels without walking like a newborn deer, so I opted for strappy sandals instead.

The doorbell rang and when I opened the door, Lucian and three of his pack stood on the doorstep. They all looked down at me and blinked.

"I," Lucian cleared his throat. "I wasn't aware you-"

"Don't," I cut him off, moving to the side to let him and the other three in.

The one female out of the group took the wire from Lucian. "If you'd like to do this in private, I'm more than willing to help hook this up."

I wasn't going to flash them. They may not have had issues with nudity, but I sure did. Especially in front of people I didn't know. So, I took her into my bedroom and allowed her to snake the wire up my skirt to tape between my breasts. She maneuvered the wire to not be seen, then stepped back and eyed me, looking to see if she could see the wire anywhere.

"You look hot," she smiled, "for a vampire."

If I had to explain that I was a half breed one more time that day...

"I'm not a full vampire," I said. "But thanks."

"Do you drink blood?" She crossed her arms.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "When I have to."

"Then I don't care if you're one third vampire," she shrugged, "you're still a vampire. But, if you're ever craving some" - she stepped up close to me, moving her hair away from her throat in an invitation - "I'm more than willing to donate."

I blinked at her. She was kidding, right? Like she couldn't honestly think I'd call her up one day and ask to drink her blood because I had a craving. Also I was ninety nine percent sure her alpha could hear her. My walls weren't exactly soundproof, and wereanimals could hear pretty freaking well.

"Lucian would offer," she continued, her eyes dropping to my lips, "but he won't with so many of his wolves in the house."

Okay, then. Time to go.

I turned and opened the bedroom door, and left without saying another word. I wasn't going to call her when I needed blood. I had shipments sent to my house. Sometimes it came already clotted, and I had to seek blood elsewhere, but I never took it directly from another living being.

Lucian eyed me, then the female wolf following behind.

Yeah, he definitely heard all of that.

"Question." I walked over and grabbed my bag. "Would Jason be interested in a half vampire or is he strictly all for wereanimals?"

Lucian's eyebrows drew together in confusion. "Jason is single but he is really only interested in his work."

I turned back around, and was about to open my mouth to reply, when the female wolf spoke up.

"He fucks anything with tits," she said.

Lucian turned slowly to stare at her.

She bowed her head, knowing she spoke out of line with just a look. At least he had that going for him. They respected him enough to know when they've done wrong.

He sighed and turned back to me. "I guess I shouldn't keep things from you, especially if you're helping me."

That was ominous.

"When he's not working," he said, "he's usually at the club you're going to tonight. He does, in fact, like women, regardless of race. He was seeing a female vampire before he was taken."

Of course he was. My mind went straight to the obvious. Maybe he gave her blood the night he went missing and then they ran away together. It's not completely uncommon, and it would explain both the smell of blood and vampire when they went to go look for him.

It looked like Lucian already knew what I was thinking, yet he didn't say anything. Maybe the thought crossed his mind too.

I didn't know him well enough to make a judgment, but I didn't think someone would go to another person for help over something so small.

I sighed. "Let's go. Are you following behind me or are we riding together?"

"Following behind," Lucian said. "Our car isn't exactly inconspicuous."

I let them out of my house first, making sure to lock my door behind me as I left. I slid into my car, eyeing their - definitely not inconspicuous - vehicle as they waited for me to back up into the road.

They followed behind closely, but not so close as to raise suspicion when we got to the club. While I drove my car around the front, they parked in a side parking lot across the street, lights off.

They could hear everything I said, but if they needed me to do something specific, they couldn't tell me. I had a plan, though, so hopefully I didn't need him.

The line was long, but they were pretty efficient when letting people in. The bouncer at the front kept his eyes down on his clipboard, going over something that was probably already ingrained in his head.

"If you have any holy water, crosses, wolf's bane, silver, or weapons, you are to turn around and-"

His eyes finally moved up, and he tilted his head in confusion. "You are to turn around and dispense them into the waste bin behind you."

I looked down at my dress, then back up. I couldn't hold anything if I tried, and my purse could only hold my phone, credit card, a small amount of cash, and keys. When I didn't respond to him, he motioned me inside.

I heard him mumble something, that was completely drowned out the moment I stepped into Delirium.