ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

I spun around and swung my leg out so fast that I didn't have a chance to think twice about what I was doing. Someone had just kidnapped me in broad daylight by teleportation. Only two kinds of beings could do that - demons and vampires. And I hadn't gotten on a demon's bad side.

My leg was caught and I was swept off my feet. I landed hard on the ground and cringed at the burst of pain that shot from my tailbone all the way up my back.

"Relax half-breed," Mateo scoffed.

I stared up at him, astounded. "What the absolute fuck do you think you're doing?"

He raised an eyebrow as Kieran came into the room.

"He was doing as he was told," Kieran said. "You can leave, Mateo."

Honestly, I was surprised that Kieran allowed Mateo anywhere near me with what happened last time. I didn't like Mateo, even from the beginning. I got a bad vibe from him, and I couldn't say that about many people. While his lighthearted teasing with the sex toys could have been seen as amusing to some, I felt it was more of a blatant attempt to embarrass me - and not out of friendship.

I remained on the floor until Mateo exited the room, then I turned on Kieran. "You had him kidnap me in broad fucking daylight in front of someone who just found out about what's going on!"

"And you read my message and decided not to respond," he stated coolly. "Just because you're protected, doesn't mean you can't be hurt. Was I supposed to just assume you were fine after asking a question like that?"

I stood. "How did you even find me? Do you have some sort of tracker on me?"

I was being ridiculous, and the fear I felt with Mateo was slowly trickling into anger the longer I stood there. Who was he to come and take me without so much as a warning?

He pointed to his neck, about the spot where he marked me.

Of course.

I glared at him.

"The more important question is why isn't Lucian with you?" He tilted his head and surveyed me. "While I'm sure your friend could be a hard ass, she's only human and can't protect you from much of anything, except maybe a possible water fairy."

I actually wanted to punch him. I told him to stay away from me until his mark faded, and obviously it was just as strong as before if he could track me down. It worried me that maybe his would take longer to fade, since he was a master vampire.

He waited.

"He and his pack are going through a bit of a rough patch," I said, trying not to throw myself at him like a spider monkey to kick his ass. But only because I knew I'd lose. "Full moon and all."

Kieran looked up like he could see the moon, even though it was only three o'clock in the afternoon.

"Oh." He nodded and finally looked back at me. "It's their quarterly rut. You sent them away?"

I motioned towards my body. "This cannot handle that."

"You would be surprised what your body can go through." He turned away and walked into a kitchen.

I realized then that I was in a house. It wasn't the club like I was used to, and the realization that it could be his house made me stop and look around. It was definitely his taste - with dark walls and floors with light furniture. It was pretty plain, like a minimalist's dream. It wasn't my cup of tea, but it looked clean.

"If anything were to happen to you, I'd lose my mind," Kieran finally said, coming back to me with a water bottle. "I understand your need to be away from me, since I marked you without your permission. But I did that only to protect you, not to force you to be mine."

I took the water from him and drank some silently, looking at everything except for him. I knew he was trying to protect me in the best way that he could, but I didn't care for his methods.

I took my phone out and called Naomi before she called every police officer in every city within a one hundred mile radius.

"Nova!" She seemed out of breath. What'd she do? Decide to run instead of get in her car? "Nova, what the fuck?"

"I'm fine," I said. "It was one of Kieran's vampires."

She made a frustrated noise. "Tell him I'm going to shove my foot so far up his ass he's going to feel it for months!"

I eyed Kieran, who only grinned like it was the funniest thing he'd heard in a long time. Naomi couldn't do anything to him. Well, not unless he just stood there and let it happen, but I couldn't see that being something he'd allow. Kieran, as I learned, liked to be the dominant one in any relationship he had.

His grin spread further, like he could read my mind. I glared at him again, hoping daggers would fly out at one point and stab him in the throat.

"He seems terrified," I stated blandly. "Though maybe he'd enjoy a foot up his ass. I don't pretend to know other people's kinks."

His eyebrow cocked up, and I immediately turned away from him to keep from laughing. He looked utterly offended by the implication that he'd like something up his butt.

A hard slap met my ears before the pain registered, and I jumped away from him with a squeak when my left ass cheek began to burn. I spun around and stared at him, my mouth hanging open in shock.

"Hello," Naomi asked.

Kieran crossed his arms.

"I have to go," I said cautiously, and hung up on her when she was about to start a whole new conversation about my tone. She knew I was safe, and that was all that mattered.

Well...

Kieran stared at me silently, those arms still crossed and his eyebrow still cocked up in challenge.

As safe as I could be with Kieran.

"You don't pretend to know other people's kinks," he repeated.

I smiled. "I mean, I don't. You might like to be dominant but how would I know if you like anal or not?"

"I do like anal," he said, completely and utterly serious in response to my joking. "But not on the receiving end."

I blinked slowly, and all retorts flew out of my brain. That backfired. What the hell was I supposed to say to that? Grand! Thanks for letting me in on yet another one of your kinks. Though not entirely unexpected, it still shocked me to hear it from him.

We were getting a little too comfortable.

I looked at everything but him, surveying the walls and the furniture, then surveying the walls again because there wasn't anything else to look at.

"What a wonderful color choice for your walls." Anything but the butt stuff conversation. Please. Anything else.

Kieran hummed, and I knew he knew what I was doing. I wasn't all that subtle with it, because who the hell commented on a wall color? Especially when it was just a dark gray?

"Thanks," he said, allowing the diversion. "Now let's talk about your sleeping arrangements tonight."

•••••
A/N: To the person that guessed it was Mateo 🤨 stop being so damn smart, ok? Thanks 😂