ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Lucian was sitting on my couch watching Jeopardy when I came home. His eyes were tired as they moved to meet mine, and I could tell Beverly's death bothered him more than he originally let on.

I sat down next to him and muted the television. "Talk to me."

"About what," he asked, his voice deep with exhaustion.

"What's bothering you, for starters." I turned to face him.

He sighed. "Well, Nova. One of my wolves were killed, and regardless of her status and my plans, I felt every bit of her murder and every emotion she felt throughout. Then not even an hour later, I'm told by Kyler that the killer threatened your life as well if you continued to help either side. And while I'd like to just move on and focus solely on finding Jason without you, I've come to the understanding that I can't just leave you."

I wasn't actually expecting him to confide in me at all. Alphas were rumored to keep everything bottled up, but I guess maybe that was only in front of those in their pack. They had to be strong for the people under them. Weak alphas didn't last long, and if anyone under them was waiting for a chance to strike, the moment the alpha was weak would be the best time to do so.

"Why can't you just leave me?" I raised a shoulder in a half hearted shrug. "Your priority has been Jason ever since you stormed into my house."

"My priorities are the same." His golden eyes narrowed. "But they have also grown to encompass more than just Jason and the rest of my pack."

I knew what he meant without him having to spell it out for me. The look in his eyes, paired with his words, told me enough. His priorities suddenly included me.

I didn't want to admit it, but it made my chest feel light. We hadn't known each other for long at all, but apparently my charming personality got to him.

"Where's Kyler," I asked, suddenly uncomfortable by the weight of his stare.

His smirk came slowly. "Home."

I pointed to my ceiling. "Like, my home?"

"No," he drew the word out.

A familiar feeling curled in the pit of my stomach and I stood up quickly, flashing him a smile I hoped didn't look like I was about to run from him. I spat out something about needing a shower because my ass hurt - I was truly so good at excusing myself from awkward situations by making things a hell of a lot more awkward before I left.

I slammed my head against the shower door when I got in, mentally and physically hurting myself for the stupid ass remark - pun intended - I made before I walked none too slowly away from Lucian. I heard him laughing even after I closed my bedroom door.

So happy I could amuse him.

I grabbed my phone from my clothes pile and shot a text to Kyler.

Me: You left me with a demon.

I threw the phone back down on my clothes and washed myself quickly. Something about Lucian being in my house made me want to be clothed as soon as possible.

As I dried off, I checked my messages.

Kyler: You have no idea.

Well, that wasn't ominous at all.

I put on my pajamas and pulled my hair up into a bun, too lazy to dry it. If done right, when I let it down in the morning, it would be wavy. Either that or it would be like Cousin Itt's meth addicted cousin came into town.

If Lucian was staying the night, it would probably be the latter.

I took my hair down from the bun and towel dried it until it wasn't dripping anymore before I walked out of my bedroom. Lucian was still seated on my couch, his eyes glued to the still-muted television.

"The TV is even better with sound," I said.

"How's your ass now that you've showered?" He didn't even look at me, but he had a smug smirk on his face as he said it.

I glared at him. "Wow, okay, big brain. Did you come up with that just now, or did you have to think about a good comeback the entire time I was showering?"

His head turned and he grinned. "That's certainly not what I was thinking about while you were in the shower."

Since I was expecting that kind of response, I didn't choke, nor did my cheeks burn. I just raised my eyebrows.

"I can only imagine," I muttered.

"You don't have to just imagine," he replied, standing.

He didn't look tired anymore, just determined as he walked towards me. He looked every bit the alpha, and every bit the wolf, as he seemed to stalk me. It was almost like I was his prey, and he was making sure he didn't make any sudden movements that would scare me.

Little did he know, no matter how fast or slow he moved, I was going to feel fear.

When he reached me, I kept eye contact even though all I wanted to do was look away.

He bent slightly at the waist so that his lips were by my ear. "Kyler told me about last night."

Perfect. I was so glad they were such close friends.

"Wereanimals have no problems sharing," he continued, still way too close. "Even the alpha of a pack doesn't mind sharing, as long as he or she has approved it."

I had to physically hold myself back from stepping away from him. He was starting to let out his pheromones. It wasn't in a rush like he did the last time. This time, it was slow but obviously deliberate.

"Do you want me to share you, Nova?" His tone was almost teasing when he said it.

He did say he would tease me.

"I thought you were exhausted," I said instead of responding.

How was I supposed to respond? Well, Lucian, I thought about it a bit. Not because I'm suddenly attracted to three men at one time, but because the idea was intriguing. But let's not forget the fact that I never wanted to do anything of the sort with anything but a human only a few weeks ago.

The mind works in mysterious ways.

He stood up straight, but didn't step away. "I am. But that-"

I covered his mouth with my hand, successfully cutting his sentence off. He looked down at my arm, then back up to my eyes as his tongue slid out and he licked my palm.

I tore my hand away like he burned me, and he smirked.

"I have a guest bedroom," I said. "You need to sleep."

"Oh," he raised his eyebrows, "so Kyler can sleep in the same bed as you but I'm banished to the guest room?"

"Jealousy doesn't become you, Lucian." I grinned.

"And acting coy doesn't become you." He took my hand and pulled me close to him as he cradled the back of my head with his free hand.

I shook my head, astonished. "I thought you wouldn't touch me until I was begging?"

"And who said you won't be begging," he murmured. "Let me sleep with you."

I narrowed my eyes, my resolve thin with him so close to me. When I finally nodded, his smirk turned into a satisfied smile, and I knew I probably made a huge mistake.