Fire & Desire

Hero's POV

I don't think I've ever been this drunk before. I have a pretty high tolerance to alcohol and today it's tasting extra good.

I know we shouldn't bury our problems with it but I need to shut my mind off, I'm so tired.

These gossip sites have been creating stories about a fucking relationship I have never had, about a relationship she has never had.

This is messing with my mind, her mind, the people around us, it's getting hard to lift my head and ignore everything, when the topic of conversations are those same topics.

We agreed to have a break, but I never thought it possible to miss her this much.

I'm angry, I'm so fucking angry. They took the only good thing in my life away from me.

I drink another shot of whiskey, the hard liquor burning my throat.

"Man, you good?" Alex asks me, one hand on my knee.

"Yeah, I think I'm going home" I say, one hand on my forehead.

"Hey, bro! I wish I could fuck her!" A guy in his twenties shouts. What?

I look around, trying to understand where this voice came from.

"Right here, man" the same voice says.

"Go away, bro" Jack warns him.

"Mister FT lost his baby girl! Look at him, poor man. More for me!" he shouts and his friends laugh.

Before I know I'm on my feet suddenly I'm sober as fuck.

"What did you say?" I threaten him, I'm much taller than him.

"I said more for me" he says, his face inches away from mine.

"You will never be near her, ever. Do you want me to say that again?" I say a little bit aggressively.

I'm recognizing him from my old school days. Son of a bitch, I remember him from an audition. He went against my shoulder that day and till now, I don't know why.

"You think you are the best, don't you? Always the one who wins" he says, his jaw sharpening.

"She's not a conquest, I don't even know why you're saying all of this. Wanna make a scandal? Well, you win. Tomorrow this is all over the fucking internet" I clap my hands right in front of his face.

"Nah, man. I knew you two weren't gonna last. She's too much for you. She needs someone who has enough speed for her, she's so damn hot. Those hips, hmmm the things I would do to her in b-" I don't let him finish, I grab him by his collar and slam him against the wall.

Jake and Alex grab me by my arms so I don't regret what I was about to do.

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT!" I shout, my blood is boiling, my heart about to leave my chest.

"We'll see, bro" he says smiling. I wish I could have punched him.

"Come outside man" Felix says to me. I nod and follow him.

I'm smoking against a wall a few blocks away from that bar. Someone did an Instagram live of that little incident and now it's all over Instagram.

"Fuck" I whisper, my hands on my face.

"Bro, if anything you left that fight being the winner" Felix says.

"Yeah, bro. You defended her, come on! Anyone would" Jake says.

"I would do it again" I murmur.

"We know" Felix says, his hand on my shoulder.

"But I still feel like I fucked up even more what already was fucked enough" I run my hands through my hair.