Sweet & Sour

Jo's POV

I'm getting ready to go to an event this evening in downtown LA but, to be honest, I just wanted to stay home with Hero and our baby.

It's the first time I'm making an appearance after giving birth and I'm nervous. My body has been through a lot the past year and I'm definitely different even though I got back to my normal self pretty quickly.

A woman's body is incredible and even though I have a few more curves and stretch marks I wouldn't have it any other way.

Our baby is sixteen months old and he's the cutest thing ever, his dad and him are my absolute happiness. He truly is the best thing we made.

I look myself in the mirror and take a good time to watch myself , I don't remember the last time I got this glammed up.

I'm wearing this black asymmetric maxi dress which I love the satin material. It has a split leg detail that gives a very sophisticated look and I also did a low ponytail to look even more elegant.

I put my heels on and grab my purse before making my way to the leaving room.

"Where do you think you're going, uh?" he says as his eyes land on me.
"Find a new man, what about you?" I say playfully.

He grabs my waist and presses his strong body against my petite one. "He's sleeping" he whispers in my ear.

Normally we make the most of when he's sleeping and oh goodness, it's the best time ever.

My mom told me sex after giving birth gets better but I never believed her, I thought it would never be the same but I was so wrong.

Seeing him with our son makes me love him even more and when we're alone the intimacy we share is just magical.

He never made me uncomfortable, my body changed and he made me feel just like before. I can see in his eyes how much he loves me and to know I'm the one who gave him a son is just more than words could ever describe.

"When I come home" I tell him.
"But I reallyyyyy want you right now" he kisses my neck and I'm already under his spell.

He grabs my thigh and makes his way to my butt.
"Hero..."  my voice is not at all convincing.

He's shirtless and his body is warm and soft under my palms.

"I'll be waiting for you" he kisses my cheek and I put my hands around his neck.
"Baby sleeping preferably" I chuckle.

"I'll do my best" he kisses my lips softly and I rethink if is that bad to miss that event.

"What are you going to do?" I ask him as I fix my dress. "Play Fifa or something with the boys" he says as he sits on our couch. I roll my eyes, why did I ask.

"Ok I gotta go, bye I love you" I bend down to kiss him. "I love you, sexy" he squeezes my butt and I blush.

EVENT

I spot Sydney in one of the outdoor couches and make my way to her.

"Girl! Look at you, sexy momma!" she says excitedly as I give her a hug.
"Hi, gorgeous! I missed you" I hug her back.

"You look amazing! Did you even give birth?!" she looks at me in shock and I laugh.

"I did" I laugh too.
"Show me pictures of him!! I bet he looks like you" we sit down and start drinking cocktails.