Try again

Jo's POV

"Jo, wake up" I hear Francesca saying. "You've been in that bed for hours" she adds. Ugh, why can't she let me be? She's my best friend but I really don't wanna leave my bed.

"You were fucking drunk last night" she reminds me. "Fran, I know I was" I tell her putting my pillow on my head.

"Jo look, I know you don't want to talk about it but I'm getting really worried about you" she says sitting on the bed. "I know it's about him.." she says carefully.

"Fran, I'm not in the mood to talk about it" I sigh. "It's just stupid Jo! I've never seen two people so in love with each other and you're both 29 for God's sake" she tells me.

I sit on the bed, looking at my best friend who came all the way from Australia to Los Angeles to see me. "I'll tell you then" I sigh. She looks at me letting me know I can start talking.

"At his 29th birthday party we tried to have a baby" I say closing my eyes. "So? What happened? It's already February" she interrogates me. "I-I just didn't get pregnant" I start trying not to cry putting my hands on my head, she puts her hand on my knee. "Jo, I don't understand what's the big deal here. Some women don't get pregnant at the first time" she comforts me.

"I thought I had a problem, you should have seen his face when he saw the negative pregnancy test" I say letting a small tear run through my face. "He has always wanted a child, he always told me how perfect our babies would be" I pause. "Always wondered if he or she would have blue or green eyes or just a mix of both of us. I felt like a disappointment to him for not getting pregnant"

"Jo.. why didn't you guys try again? It's been 3 months" she asks me. "I asked him time even though he wanted to try" I say. "I got really upset, I thought I wasn't good enough" tears now slipping down my face aggressively.

"It's not your fault Jo, you guys should have tried again. You can still make his dream come true" she tells me wiping my tears away. "I don't know how to face him, what if he has moved on?" I panic.

"Just call him" she suggests. "He's in LA" she adds. My heart stops. He's here. "I can't" I say. "Jo.. you've known him for almost ten years, c'mon!" She's getting annoyed.

"I'm going to have a shower" I tell her not answering her question. I need to wash this thoughts away.

I have been in the shower for almost two hours. The hot water running through my body felt so good. I wrap a towel around my body and make my way to my bedroom. The house is too silent, weird. "Fran?" I shout, no answer. She must have gone somewhere.

I enter my bedroom and there's a note on my bed.

Went shopping. Get ready because we're having a girls night! Wear that short black dress with heels. I'll be home soon

Xo Fran

I smile. She's always trying to make me feel better. I unwrap my white towel and I start looking for my favorite black lingerie and start getting dressed.

***

We enter this pub in downtown Los Angeles and it's full of people. I grab Fran's hand as she goes through the crowd. We arrive at the bar and she orders two tequila shots.

"I want a sex on the beach please" I hear someone saying next to me, it almost sounds like Hero. I turn around and I can't believe my eyes. "Hi" he says.

I can't believe he's in front of me, literally in front of me. "Hero" I manage to say. "I haven't seen you in a while" he says licking his lips. I'm lost on his eyes, I can't speak. "You look beautiful" he compliments me.

"Hero I know I should have talked with you" I say but he doesn't let me continue. "Let's get out of here"   he says. "I'm with Franc-" I say but stop as soon as I notice she is not here. "I know, she also knows you're with me" he tells me, this was all planned.

"Let's get out of here" I repeat his words grabbing his hand.

Hero's POV

I let her enter on my apartment, I can't believe this place was ours just a few months ago. "Some of your clothes are still in the closet if you want to change" I tell her.

"Thank you" she says shyly. I approach her putting my hand on her face, caressing her cheek. "Fran told me everything" I tell her. She looks away almost afraid. "It's not your fault if we couldn't make it, you know?" I ask her. She leans her face on my hand closing her eyes. "I don't want to stay away from you" she tells me. I smile. She's the most gorgeous woman on earth.

"Let's get some sleep, okay?" she nods. I kiss her forehead. "Can I sleep with you? It's okay if you don't want to though. I just sleep better with y-" I cut her off. "Of course you can, I miss sleeping with you" I answer her.

I thank myself for cleaning this bedroom as we enter it. I take my shirt off and I feel her eyes on me. "It's rude to stare you know?" I joke. Her face goes red and I laugh.

I lay down in the bed only wearing my boxers waiting for her to come. She leaves the bathroom and turns the light off so I can only see her figure in the dark.

I hear her robe falling on the ground and I feel her weight on the bed. I know why she turned the lights off, she's only wearing panties, that's how she likes to sleep.

I smile for myself.

**

I wake up after what felt like the most amazing sleep I've had in a while. I look to the beauty next to me, she's sleeping on her side with her back to me.

I go to the bathroom and when I return I go to the bed again. I think I'm going to be here all day. I feel her move so I pretend to be sleeping.

I feel her legs against mine and I know she has turned to my side. "I want to have babies that look exactly like you" she whispers. "I know you don't love me like you used to, it's okay" she sighs.

What the fuck is she saying.

I quickly put myself on top of her. "What are you saying?" I ask her. "You scared me idiot!" She laughs hitting my chest. "You didn't answer me" I say. "I was dreaming" she answers. "Hm" I murmur. "I'm dying to kiss you" I whisper on her ear. "What's stopping you?" She teases.

I kiss her lips as my hands touch all of her body. She runs her hands through my hair and back. "I want to try again" she says looking directly at me in the eyes. I smile giving her a gentle kiss on the lips.

I adjust myself on her and start thrusting into her, burying myself on her.

***
"It's 1pm and we are still in bed" she says laughing. "I'm exhausted babe" I chuckle. I'm playing with her blonde hair as her head is on my chest.

"If I get pregnant the baby will be born on your birthday month" she tells me. "Best month am I right?" we laugh.

"I need to take a shower" she says getting up from bed. "Let me join you" I say getting up from bed too. "Save water uh?" she asks hugging me. "I thought you were tired" she adds smirking.

I laugh picking her up and entering the bathroom.
God, I love the future mother of my kids.