No more secrets

Jo's POV

I don't know how to tell him.
After all these years, it's the first time I can't find the words to speak to my husband.

I know he knows that I'm not okay and because I'm too terrified to tell him what's wrong, our relationship has been falling apart.

I forgot to take my birth control injection - you know what that means.

I'm pregnant.

Fuck. We have a three-year-old boy and now I'm fucking pregnant again. I'm so afraid of his reaction, maybe I won't tell him. I can get an abortion, can't I?

But just the thought of that makes me sick. It's mine and his baby. All I've ever wanted was to have our minis.

I don't know what to do.
And the worst thing is that our relationship is falling completely apart because I can't look at him.

"Jo?" I hear him saying. I wipe the little tears of my eyes away and look at him. He's leaned against the door frame looking like a whole snack, I know why I forgot my injection.

He's the answer.

"Yes?" I finally answer. "Are you okay? You look pale" He worriedly says, approaching me. "Yeah, I'm fine". I know my answer didn't convince him at all.

"Are you sure?" he puts his hand on my leg.
"Yes, Hero! I'm fine" My voice was a little bit too loud, fuck my hormones.

"I was just worried, calm down" He says, removing his hand from my leg. "I'm calm" I say.
"Clearly" he rolls his eyes grabbing his keys.

"Momma!" I hear my baby boy, running towards me. I lift him into my arms and kiss his cheek. "Hi baby"
"Grandma house!" He says grabbing my cheeks. I make a confused face, Grandma?

"My mom's in LA, she wants to see our child" he says coldly.

Our child, okay.

"Okay" I put Austin on the ground giving him a little kiss. "Hey, buddy" he says to our baby. "Can you go to your playroom for a bit? Daddy needs to talk to Mommy" Austin nods and runs to his playroom.

I'm already sweating, I've been avoiding this conversation for a long time.

"I'm getting tired of this shit" he says running his fingers through his hair. "What's wrong, Josephine? Please tell me" he begs.

"Nothing, I'm fine" I try not to make eye contact with him, if I do I'll cry.
"Don't lie to me. What happened? Did I do something? We've been together for so many years and you don't even talk to me anymore. Did someone do something? You know I'll protect you through everything" I see his despair on his eyes.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it" I try to give him a small smile but he isn't having it.

"This isn't working you don't trust me" he tells me. My heart breaks, w-what?

"Yes, Josephine. The trust we had is gone, you don't tell me what's wrong and a lot of simple things! You don't undress yourself in front of me anymore, you lock the bathroom door, I'm not even going to talk about sex"

I'm speechless, there's nothing I can say.

"Daddy, I want to go to Grandma" I didn't even notice him entering our bedroom. "Yeah buddy, let's go" Hero picks him up and looks at me before leaving. When I hear the front door closing, I let go of the tears I was holding.

Hero's POV

My head is a complete mess. I can't think straight, I'm losing the woman I love a little bit more every second that goes by.

"Hero, he's so big! He is a perfect mix of you and Josephine" my mom says while playing with Austin. I give her a small smile.

"What's wrong?" She asks me after noticing my obvious sadness. "Jo and I aren't in the best terms right now" I say rubbing the back of my neck.

She gives me a warm smile, "what happened?"
"It's weird, she's been so distance... It seems like she's afraid of telling me something, she doesn't even undress herself in front of me" I tell my mom.

She smiles. What? Smiles?

"Mom is not funny"
"You men are all the same" she laughs. "I don't understand" I'm confused as fuck.
"Is there any possibility she may be pregnant?" My mom asks me. "She would tell me if she was"

Wouldn't she?

"I may be wrong but is the only explanation I see"
"She takes that birth control injection thing" I say.
"She could have forgotten. I used to forget all the time" my mom says.

I need to go home, fast.

"Can Austin sleep here tonight? I really need to figure this out" My mom nods and gives me a quick hug. "Go get your girl back" I smile. I give my son a kiss and make my way home.

***

When I enter I don't hear anyone, did she go somewhere?

When I make my way to our bedroom I hear voices, Jo's FaceTiming her mother. "Mom.. I've already decided" decide what? "You have to talk with him, I'm sure he would be over the moon darling" I hear my mother-in-law saying.

"I'm not feeling well mom, I'll call you later"
"I'm calling Hero, I don't like the idea of you alone" okay now I have to interrupt this.

I make my way to our bed, sitting next to her. "Hi, Elizabeth. She is in good hands, don't worry" I don't even give time to Jo to process I am here. I turn off the FaceTime and look straight to her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Hero I-I'm-" she starts to cry and my heart breaks. "Ssh, it's fine" I put her in my lap, hugging her.

"I didn't k-know how to tell y-you" she said between sobs. "What about "I'm giving you another child" because that sounds pretty good to me" I wipe away her tears kissing them.

"Aren't you mad?" she's crazy.
"Why would I be mad?" I ask her. "Because I forgot my birth control injection" she answers, her lips shaking. "You're crazy, baby" I laugh making her laugh too.

"How long?"
"8 weeks" she says resting her forehead against mine.

"I thought you had found someone else" I admit to her. "Stupid" she laughs. "Well seems like we're having another boy" I put my hands around her waist. "It's a girl this time" she assures me. "Hmm, a princess. I like that"
"I know you want a whole football team with boys" she says giggling. "You're not lying"

She closed the space between us and kissed me. God, how I've missed her lips.

I kissed her back, running my hands through her sides.

"Thank you for being the father of my children"
"I make really beautiful babies don't I?" I tease her.
"You do" she kisses me back again.

"I love you Josephine Fiennes Tiffin"