Misunderstood

Jo's POV

I'm seated in the middle of Inanna's party trying to keep up with the conversation around me. The reason why I'm not enjoying this party is because Hero's not here. He said his flight was delayed so he couldn't make it. That fucking sucks. It's not that I don't like everyone else because I do, it's just that I miss my man. Everything is way better with him.

"Are you okay?" Anna asks me with a warm smile. "Oh yeah, of course!" I answer. "Just wished he was here" I add. She gives me a small smile and keeps talking with the group.

I check my phone to see if I have any new messages but I don't. He must be in the plane. I get up from the couch and go grab some drink, I need a distraction.

As I'm grabbing my drink someone touches my shoulder. "Hey!" a random girl says to me. I feel like I've seen her before... "Hm, hey. Have we met before?" I ask politely. "I don't think so! I've watched your movie though" she tells me. Interesting...

"Oh, that's good! I guess you're a friend of Inanna?" I ask her. "Oh yeah I am! But I wanted to ask you something" this girl likes to talk I see. "Hm sure!" I tell her. "Do you know if Hero's gonna come? I really want to meet him" She asks me. Oh well.

"Ahm, he's not. Why?" I'm getting a bit pissed. "He's hot! I really want to meet him" she asks me excitedly. "He must look even better in real life" she adds. "Well unfortunately he's not comi-"

"OMG IT'S HIM!!" The blonde girl shouts before I finish my sentence. My eyes find him in the middle of the crowd, what the fuck?
"Should I go there?" She asks me. No fucking way.

"He looks busy greeting everyone" I tell her drinking a little bit of my drink. "Oh my gosh, he's coming here" she tells me. My eyes meet his and I wonder what he is going to do. Will he kiss me? Fuck I really want to even though we agreed to keep this relationship private.

He greets Inanna's boyfriend who is beside us and then approaches us. "Hello, ladies" he says. He looks up and down at me licking his lips. Fuck.

"Hi! I'm Stacey" the girl says giving him a hug. "Hi, nice to meet you" he replies. "Josephine said you weren't coming" she tells him. "Oh, yeah I wasn't. But I wanted to surprise someone" he tells her, looking slightly at me. "Oh, do you have a girlfriend?" She asks him, why does she look disappointed?

"I don't" he answers immediately, making her laugh. This shouldn't hurt but it does. The girl smiles and then he goes away. Why is this affecting me so much? "I can't believe he's single" this girl says. "Do you have his number?" She asks me. I look at her. She's joking, isn't she? "Ahm... my phone's dead, sorry" I say and go outside, I need air.

I feel the night breeze on my skin, relaxing me. My phone starts buzzing. It's a message, from him.

Hero❤️: where are you, baby?

Now he calls me baby? I know he wouldn't kiss me in front of everyone but at least he could have sent me a message to talk. He arrives without me knowing after two weeks of not seeing him and he doesn't even talk with me.

Anna 💛: We're about to play a game, where are you?
Me: I'm coming x

I make my way inside and see everyone seated around a huge table. I seat next to Anna, Hero's in front of us. And that stupid girl is next to him.

"So before everyone goes home, let's play a game!" Inanna says. "So, someone says something and if you have done it you have to drink a shot" she tells us.

This should be interesting.

"Had sex in the last four days" some guy shouts. Almost everyone drinks and I decide to take one too to get this started.

As I drink, Hero looks at me and moves in the couch uncomfortably. One point for me. He takes his drink and drinks the shot too. Nice.

The game goes on and the crowd is getting agitated.
This Stacey girl is all over Hero and I'm not thinking straight anymore.

"Can I talk with Hero?" I ask Stacey, fuck I'm so pissed. Stacey looks at Hero and then Hero gets up following me.

We arrive outside and I kiss him aggressively. He doesn't kiss me back, what?
I move away from him, I may be a little drunk but I know what he just did. "Jo, we can't" he says. "No one is here, Hero" I tell him completely annoyed.

He runs his fingers through his hair biting his lips. He does that when he is mad at something. "You had sex with someone else?" He finally speaks. "You know I didn't" I roll my eyes. "Why did you drink the shot then?" He asks me. "So did you!" I shout at him.

He doesn't say anything. Did he..?
I cover my mouth with my hands. "Oh my god, you cheated on me" I whisper, my voice cracking.

"Jo, I-" he tries to speak but I don't let him. "Just shut up! I can't believe you did this" I cry. "You disgust me" I add. I don't hear what he says, I enter some uber that was there and go home. My world his fucking crashed.

I enter the apartment and I collapse on the ground. This was the last thing I needed. I can't believe he touched another girl, there isn't nothing worse he could have done.

I hear the front door opening, it's him. I get up from the floor and our eyes meet. "Jo, wait" he says trying to approach me. "You don't love me anymore" I cry. "What the fuck are you saying? I didn't sleep with anyone, you didn't even let me speak" he says running his fingers through his hair.

"I saw how you looked at her, I'm not good enough for you." I turn around and go to our room. He follows me and closes the bedroom door. "I need to sleep" I tell him. "Let's sleep then, we'll talk in the morning" he says softly. "Can you leave so I can get dressed?" I ask him firmly.

He looks at me like I said the worse nonsense. "You're kidding, right? I've seen you naked countless of times" he shoots. He laughs sarcastically and then leaves. "I'll sleep on the couch because maybe we haven't slept together either" he adds harshly.

I start sobbing trying to fall asleep. This bed feels so empty without him.

4am

I can't sleep. Did he leave the house? Did he stay in the couch? I decide to go to the living room to see if he's there, only to see.

He's not here. I knew he would go away. I was a bitch to him, I overreacted so much. Suddenly, I hear water running. I make my way to the bathroom and he is in the bathtub.

I enter the bathroom and he looks at me. "Can we talk?" I ask him. He nods. "Can I join you?" I ask shyly.

Hero's POV

"Of course you can" I tell her. She undresses her robe and enters the bathtub with me. I push her next to me. "You were too far away" I say to her. She snuggles on me. "I didn't have sex with anyone" I tell her kissing her head. "I'm so sorry Hero, I didn't mean anything I said" she tells me turning around so she was facing me.

I put my hands on her waist. "You're the only woman I have eyes for" I whisper on her ear. She bits her lips. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" She asks me. "I wanted to make a surprise but that party was full of strangers I couldn't kiss you and believe me, I really wanted to" she gives me a small smile before kissing me.

She gets up a little before lowering herself on me. Fuck, I wasn't expecting that. "Josephine, oh my god" I scream. I caress her breast with one hand while the other one is on her waist. She puts her head back and I kiss her neck leaving a few marks on what his mine.

"I'm the only one who can make you feel like this" I whisper on her ear, thrusting deeper into her. Her breath speeds up and I know she's close. "Come on, baby"

As I say that we both reach our high together and she collapses on my chest.

"I love you" she says out of breath.
"I love you" I say giving her a kiss full of passion on her perfect lips.