Chapter 47

The soldier struggled against the bounds that he was in as a look of fury and despair spread all over his face. His nose was bleeding and his eyes were bloodshot from anger, his heart was beating out of his ribcage at a rapid pace as his eyes landed on the men responsible for his condition.

"If you think I'm gonna tell you anything, then you're gonna have to kill me!". He shouted. "You're gonna have to try more than just breaking my nose!".

Levi scoffed as he slowly walked towards the soldier, he cringed from his abhorrent smell as he pinched his nose. "You filthy bastard". He cursed as his cold stare drilled themselves unto the man. "If you think that breaking a vase over your head is the worse I could do, then you're dead wrong".

The soldier laughed. "Do your best, Levi, cause I ain't telling ya a thing!".

Erwin approached the man. "You're making your fellow soldier suffer more. I don't know how long will he last, but should you maintain your silence further, then we'll inflict more pain unto him".

The soldier widened his eyes and his scowl immediately deepened. "You..!! You dare lay your filthy hands on my brother?!". The soldier shouted as he struggled against his bounds. "When I get out of these filthy ropes, I swear I'll kill you all!".

"Tell you what, if you ever do escape, then you better not miss". Levi said as he got closer to the soldier. "You're wasting our time here, you'll force our hands in torturing your brother even further if we want to get information out of you. Who knows? Maybe he'll tell us something valuable, but that would be at the cost of some broken fingers, ribs, and a broken jaw".

The soldier frowned. "You're all sick bastards! He's nothing but a young man!".

"Does it look like I care?". Levi said. "It's either your brother or your shady government, the decision's up to you".

The soldier looked on the ground, conflicted over his decision. His love for his brother conquered anything that stood in his way, but his loyalty and fear towards the government stood unshaken.

But....He still loved his brother more than anything in his world, so was he willing to trade the only remnant of his family for the government?

Levi sighed. "You're wasting my time here". He said as he slowly got up. "I'm gonna see if your little brother has anything else to say, I'm pretty sure that he'll hate you for what I'm gonna do to you".

The soldier shot his eyes towards Levi as he suddenly became frantic. The decision already became clear to him, and he raised his voice to catch the elite scout's attention.

"Wait!". The soldier shouted.

Levi turned around, and his eyes landed on the battered form of the MP.

"What? Had a change of heart?". Levi said.

"I'll....I'll tell you everything". The soldier said. "But...My unit doesn't take kindly to betrayal of information. If I tell you everything I know, then can you at least guarantee my brother's safety?".

Levi, Erwin and Hange looked at each other, then Hange cleared her throat. "As long as you don't give us false information, your brother will be in good hands".

The soldier nodded. "Thank you". He said. "I'll tell you everything I know, and I swear that I won't lie".

"Then start talking then, you've wasted enough time". Levi said.

(.....)

"Are you sure about handing yourself over to the Military Police?". Levi asked.

"It's what we discussed Levi, it has to be done". Erwin said as he prepared his horse. "If the information that we were given is true, then I have no more time to waste. Surrendering myself to the government would enable us a chance to overthrow it, and since their most competent squad received heavy casualties; there is no better time for an overthrow than right now".

"What about the rest of our comrades? I believe there is a reason why you told Miche and his squad to leave the walls in secret".

"They will stand by for orders from me". Erwin said. "Once the coup is in motion, they will be instantly summoned to halt any form of enemy reinforcements by the government".

"And in the case that a peaceful overthrow fails?".

Erwin looked at Levi. "This is something that I'm trying to avoid". He answered. "But if the worst should happen....Then we need to prepare for a violent one, and it needs to be quick".