Chapter 23

"So what's the plan?". Levi asked as he sat in the chair across Erwin as they set a map on the table, the rest of their comrades sat at the table as they intently listened to what their experienced commander had to say.

Erwin's eyes fell upon Levi's. "Our plan is to capture the Armored and Colossus Titans". Erwin said. "Given that they also came from the same nation that Annie came from, perhaps we can give them the option to fight with us in a bid to redeem themselves of the crimes they committed against our right".

"I doubt that they can actually do that". Luis said as he also observed the map. "Given that the Marleyan government is holding their families hostage, if their war chief knows of their betrayal; then he can report to the Marleyan military of their actions and their families will pay dearly for their betrayal". Luis said.

"I'd like to add that this would cause a major uproar in not only the Survey Corps, but in all military branches". Levi said. "Almost everyone in all the military branches were affected by the attack on Shiganshina. If it would be even possible, if we recruit the Armored and Colossus Titans then it will complicate things even further, most of our soldiers would be angry towards this decision and we'd lose the loyalties of several soldiers". He said. "The government wouldn't let us a chance in having both of these Titans as well, it's bad enough that we have the Versatile Titan by our side and we'd lose a lot of credibility if we actually do what you suggested".

"Then what do you suggest that we do then? If we capture them of course?". Jean broke his silence as his eyes fell on Luis's grey ones, his tone showed how wary and even slightly fearful he felt towards this new mission.

Luis sighed as he looked at the map mournfully. "Then do whatever you see fit". Luis said.

"Given that we don't have the spinal fluid that turns us into Titans, we wouldn't be able to hold these two in a cell for long, because they can transform to escape". Levi said. "And given that we've already had our fill of Intel from Leonhart, I doubt we'd be hearing anything new from these two, hell; I doubt that they'd even cooperate".

"So what're you suggesting to do?". Connie asked.

"If that's the case, then we'd have no other choice but to execute them". Erwin said. "They are both too dangerous to be kept alive, and given our current circumstances; we can neither steal their powers nor get anything that can amount to something". Erwin said. "But we'd remove the two Titans that always posed a great threat to our people, we'd have less to worry about and taking back the lands we lost should be made easier".

Annie felt a small pang of sorrow strike her. Granted, she was never really close to either of her warrior teammates, and she dared to say that she even disliked Reiner because of everything that happened between them, but she felt pity for both of them because all what they were trying to do was go back home to their families.

Just like how she once did.

"And what about the Beast Titan?". Mikasa stepped in. "What should we do with him? Should we ever encounter him that is".

Annie saw Eren tense when the Beast Titan was mentioned.

When she revealed who was the inheritor of the Beast Titan, she saw his face morph into a face of disbelief and confusion.

To Eren, he never knew any one of his family who was called "Zeke". For the entirety of his childhood up until the attack on Shiganshina, neither his late father or late mother ever mentioned an individual who belonged to their family named "Zeke".

But there was no mistaking it, Annie wasn't lying when she spelled that person's name, and the fact that his last name was "Jaeger" made a connection become obvious between him and the inheritor of the Beast Titan.