Chapter 33

"Damn, one of them got away". Adam thought to himself as he eyed the freckled female soldier.

His mind immediately came up with a quick plan, then he looked at one of his comrades. "Ross, how many of the Survey Corps are left?".

Ross, a brown-haired man, directed his blue eyes to Adam. "Very few, we caught them off guard". He said. "You think we should give chase to this girl?".

"Yes, we should". Adam said. "If that girl lives then our entire operation is bust. We need to split up, I'll take some of my soldiers to give chase to this girl while you go ahead to Ragako".

"Kill the Ackermann and the outside man?". Ross asked.

"Yes". Adam said. "But you'll freak out the inhabitants if you kill them within the premises of the village, blind fold them and gag them first, then get them as far away from the forest as possible". Adam ordered. "Then dump the bodies, throw 'em in a river or burn 'em or what not, I could've cared less".

"Sir, Levi Ackermann is a legendary soldier". Ross said. "With all due respect, do you think we can be able to handle him? And we don't know the capabilities of the outside man either".

"Levi's injured since the 57th expedition, his leg's still in a bad shape so you have nothing to worry about". Adam said. "And from our intel, the outside man doesn't even know how to operate the ODM gear, so they're already dead men".

Ross nodded his head as he placed the hoodie over his head. "I'll go and round up my men quick, but before we do that; we need to finish off what is left of the soldiers".

"You can round up your men now". Adam said as he saw one of his comrades finish off a Survey Corps soldier. "They are all already dead".

(......)

"Damn it, this is bad!". Ymir thought to herself as her horse ran with as much speed as it can muster. Her heart was violently pounding out of her chest as her eyes concentrated on the path that was ahead of her, to make sure that she hits nothing so Christa wouldn't fall off the cart.

Her widened eyes turned around and she saw silhouettes of the same soldiers who killed her comrades before, the very same soldiers chasing her to put her down.

Ymir didn't understand what the hell just happened, nor did she know who were these people. Whoever they are, they were definitely not Survey Corps soldiers.

However, their identities didn't matter to Ymir at this moment, it was enough to know that they were enemies who were dead set on killing her.

Ymir turned her head and she saw one of them was about to descend, to deliver a killing blow. She quickly widened her eyes and immediately, she planned her next move.

"Left! Left!". She thought to herself. She pulled on the straddles and she made the horse turn left before the grapples of the enemy latched on its skin, or her skin. She was able to narrowly avoid one of the soldier's deadly attack.

However, another soldier suddenly appeared right ahead of her.

Ymir widened her eyes and she instantly pulled on the straddles once again, to try to avoid the incoming attack of the hostile soldier who was right ahead of her.

However, she was too late. The soldier was able to instantly deliver an almost-killing blow to Ymir, with his sword directly cutting her stomach.

And then Ymir instantly fell from the horse.

(.......)

"Rest in peace". Adam muttered as he landed gracefully on the ground.

The freckled soldier fell from the horse, and the horse itself was instantly killed by his comrades. They were able to lift off a blonde soldier who was injured, and then they settled her on the ground.