Status Update: Why I haven't been updating lately

Hello to all my readers, how are you all today? I hope you are all faring well during these difficult times.

The last time I updated Mutiny was sometime in late July. Ever since then, you haven't heard from me for a while and understandably; many people have lost interest in the story given its lack of updates.

I, of course, can't blame them or you, it is to be expected when an author doesn't keep up with updating.

However I am here to provide an explanation as to why I haven't been updating, and I hope it would suffice.

Between late July and early August, I was dealing with some personal issues of mine that greatly hampered my motivation in writing. For a certain amount of time, I lacked the motivation to continue writing this story no thanks to anxiety.

Though now, thankfully, such problems were resolved. However; this wasn't the only reason why I wasn't updating for such a long time.

There was also burn out, I hope this is the correct term to use in order to describe my situation.

Well before my personal problems, I was contemplating what other kind of stories I would want to write after I'm done from Mutiny. These feelings, however; began to grow over time the more I published chapters of this story. Truth to be told, I was getting bored of writing the same story for such a long time, and the desire to explore something new only grew by the second.

I would say  that it "exploded" the moment I exposed myself to other forms of media.. Ghost of Tsushima, Watch_Dogs, My Hero Academia, and others had exposed to me all the possible stories that I could write. 

And as a result, I was no longer able to ignore that desire any longer.

Before you all get the wrong impression, I am not discontinuing Mutiny in any way, shape or form. I've come far too long to discontinue a story like this, and I want to see the end of this story with you.

Mutiny is the very first story where I placed all my efforts and my writing skills. It's the first story where I genuinely feel that I've done a good job. I can't let it end like this, so I'm going to do something else instead.

I'm going to put it on hold.

I will cease updating the story for a certain amount of time, and in the mean time; I'll try to pursue the other projects that I have in mind.

Until I feel motivated to update Mutiny again, I will come back, and hopefully that won't be a long time.

It's alright if you feel disappointed, believe me because I understand that feeling all too well. I just wish, however; that I was able to provide you the entertainment you all needed with the past 55 Chapters.

Thank you all very much, and thank you for understanding as well. I hope to see  you all again in the near future.