Chapter 34

Panic immediately settled on Bertholdt's heart as he figured out what Annie was truly planning to do.

His broken arm kept flailing as he kept avoiding Annie's continuous attacks, he was barely able to counter any of her attacks given that only one of his arms were usable. The battle now turned against him, and he had to think of an immediate strategy before he loses this fateful battle.

Bertholdt was just narrowly able to dodge a fist that was coming towards his face, he was able to quickly place a considerable distance between them, but the versatile Leonhart was able to quickly close the distance. She ran towards him with her entire fist hardened, and she pulled it back to prepare for another devastating punch.

"Stay still!". Annie thought to herself.

Bertholdt quickly analyzed her current pattern of assault, he saw her aim her fist towards his jaw. He sharpened his eyes as he kept following her fist as it dangerously began to inch closer to him, and then his eyes widened.

There was an opening for Bertholdt, her jaw was exposed to him!

"That's it!". Bertholdt thought to himself.

Annie anticipated that this time, Bertholdt wouldn't be able to avoid her attack, she needed to end this battle quickly before her stamina runs out; she can't stay within her titan form forever after all.

Her fist was so close to contacting, but to her utter shock; Bertholdt was once again able to dodge it. He went underneath her entire fist and hardened his own in its entirety, in preparation for his counter-attack.

And before Annie even realized it, his fist collided with her titan's jaw.

The force of Bertholdt's punch sent Annie flying a few meters above the ground, and then land harshly on her back.

She became disoriented and she quickly tried to regain her vision, but Bertholdt took her temporary weakness as a chance to finish this fight once and for all. He hardened his left leg and he quickly charged towards Annie, to stomp her Titan's body to the ground so he can finally completely disable it.

Annie, despite her disoriented vision, was able to see Bertholdt's titan dangerously approach her with terrible speed. With as much energy she can muster, she quickly rolled away before the Armored Titan stomped her body to the ground.

The earth caved under the pressure of Bertholdt's hardened leg, and he quickly turned around towards her direction. He didn't stop giving chase to her as he repeatedly attempted to stomp her, over and over again, and all what Annie did was continuously roll away; refusing him any chance to deal a fatal blow to her titan.

Annie then instantly got up and she placed a distance between them, but this time it was Bertholdt closing this distance. His entire feet hardened and he immediately went to attack the Leonhart girl by kicking her.

But Annie was quick to avoid Bertholdt's forceful kick, there was a split-second chance for her to quickly attack his face, and she did not waste it all.

Her hardened fist collided with the left side of his jaw once more, completely shattering the lower part of his face's armor. Bertholdt went two steps back while holding his Titan's jaw, and now it was Annie's chance to retaliate with everything that she had.

She struck his face once again, and then she struck his abdomen. Larger pieces of his armor began to fall because of how devastating her punches were, Bertholdt tried to counter her attacks in anyway he could; but he couldn't because Annie left him no chance at all.

Once Bertholdt became completely disoriented, Annie sharpened her gaze towards his exposed leg. 

"Now's the chance!". Annie thought to herself, her right leg hardened up until her knee and she prepared herself to strike him down, once and for all.

Before Bertholdt even realized what Annie was trying to do, he felt his Titan stumble and fall towards the ground harshly. Suddenly, he no longer felt his Titan's left leg, for some reason he could not move it.

To his horror, it was because Annie's kick completely crippled it.

(.......)

Reiner was now trying to fly away for his life.

He was exhausted, his swords were now almost broken and he was almost out of gas. His hit-and-run strategy was no longer useful since a certain soldier now kept relentlessly chasing him, without giving him any possible chance to recuperate.

Reiner began calculating for how long could he possibly last in his current state.

However, he kept his titan transformation as a last resort, if it was certain that he will die. He still couldn't risk transforming because Eren was there.

"Damn it, if I only noticed earlier!". Reiner cursed as he recalled Annie's traitorous actions. "We would've not been in this situation right now!".

Suddenly, a huge figured loomed over him. His eyes dragged towards the monstrously huge figure that suddenly jumped right ahead of him, shining green eyes filled with vicious hatred and an extreme lust of revenge met his golden ones, and a huge arm was going towards his direction in terrifying speed.

Reiner's instincts became instantly alerted and he quickly evaded Eren's devastating blow, he quickly shot his grapples backwards and went towards the direction opposite to where he originally intended to go.

Eren seemed to notice what he was trying to do, and then he attempted to kick away the warrior.

Reiner widened his eyes in horror as Eren's feet quickly approached him, he released his grapples from the ground and shot them towards the nearest tree he could find. He released as much gas as he could to quickly evade Eren's killing blow, and he was able to narrowly do so.

His gas canisters barely had anymore gas left, and when Reiner realized such a thing; he realized that his death would be imminent, and it seemed that the certain soldier who was relentlessly chasing him knew about his predicament as well.

A grapple shot through the air and it even tore a part of his shirt, Reiner looked from where it came from and his heart only sank at the speeding figure that was coming towards him.

It was Mikasa Ackermann herself.

Reiner clicked his tongue and cursed to himself, his last resort immediately surfacing on his mind. It was an extremely dangerous gamble, not just to the holder of the Founding Titan but to himself as well.

If he transforms now then he can survive, despite the fact that his body would be badly inflicted (It wasn't long since his last transformation), and there is a chance that Eren might die.

A chance that Reiner would've not taken had he not been cornered like an injured dog now.

He violently swore to himself and he raised his thumb towards his teeth, ready to tear unto his flesh. Mikasa instantly noticed what he was trying to do and she immediately released more gas, pushing herself even faster towards the Colossus.

Her heart rate spiked, if she doesn't kill him right here and now, then everyone was going to die. Armin, the Commander, herself.....even Eren.

She quickly drew her sword and she immediately aimed it at his heart, she was certain that she would be able to immediately stab his heart; to finally put an end to the colossus menace.

But suddenly, shards of rock began flying all over the forest, and the last thing she heard were the shrill and painful cries of her comrades.