Chapter 35

Reiner swore that the constant ringing would eventually split his ears open, it began to be the worst sound that he would have the misfortune of experiencing, but such is the result of evading another close encounter with death.

Reiner assessed his surroundings and he found himself sitting on a huge palm, his gaze slowly rose towards the figure and his eyes widened in a mix of relief and terror.

"War Chief Zeke....". Reiner muttered in a low voice.

The Beast Titan, or Zeke, stood in a menacing manner as his red glowing eyes looked towards the devastation it caused. Reiner looked behind him and he felt his heart drop to his stomach when he witnessed what the Beast Titan had done.

Chunks of the trees fell because of his assault, and the place was suddenly tainted red. Mangled corpses were scattered all over the forest, there were even soldiers desperately clinging to whatever ounce of life they had left, but they soon succumbed to their damning injuries.

Reiner could only swallow the bile that was about to come out of his mouth, the scenery that laid before him was nothing short of hellish and nightmare-inducing. Sure, it would never come close to the amount of devastation HE caused, but it was still enough to shake the soul of even the bravest man.

"Wait...". Reiner thought to himself. "If War Chief Zeke is here....then...."

"You've done quite some damage yourself". The Cart Titan commented as it stood beside the Beast, its cart carrying the rocks he used to make of them shards. "But some of them are still up and running, they're a strong bunch indeed".

Zeke turned his eyes towards the warrior who sat on his palm. "Where are Annie and Bertholdt?".

Instantly, the first thing that came to his mind was tell his war chief about Annie's betrayal, but he shoved that thought aside because it would need a long explanation.

And now wasn't the time.

"I'll take Pieck to where I last transformed". Reiner said. "They are there....and they are fighting".

"Fighting?". Zeke questioned.

"It's a long explanation, War Chief Zeke". Reiner said.

Zeke now looked at the soldiers who were now recuperating, his eyes caught the Titan that stood with its right arm torn off.

"Eren". Zeke thought to himself.

"Pieck, leave those rocks for me here". Zeke said. "Take Reiner and let him lead you to where Annie and Bertholdt are". He ordered. "And Reiner, after all is said and done, I expect that you explain everything to me in detail".

(......)

What the hell was happening?

There were sudden shards of rocks flying all over the forest, hitting many soldiers with deadly precision. Mikasa could've died had Eren not caught her in time, but now she laid unconscious on his left palm.

Sudden terror gripped his heart as he noticed blood oozing from the top of her head, Armin latched himself on his palm and quickly went by Mikasa's side, his face changing into a terrified expression as he checked how bad her injury was.

Armin quickly pulled out what little left of medical equipment he had left, he cleaned her injury to the best of his ability and then wrapped the bandages around her head. He checked if she had suffered any other critical injury, but to his relief she was fine.

"She's injured, but she's fine!". Armin said. "But I need to take her away from here! It's not safe anymore!".

Erwin looked into the distance and he saw the one who was responsible for the sudden massacre. A huge, hairy figure with red glowing eyes stared back as it began preparing itself for its next throw.