Chapter 36

"Thank you very much for your hospitality Ms Springer, I truly appreciate it". Luis said as he drank his tea. "And this tea is marvelous! What kind of ingredients have you used to make such tea?".

Ms. Springer chuckled lightly. "Well it is a family secret". She said. "I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you such a thing".

Luis nodded, understanding the lady's reasoning. "Ah.....if that's the case then this is alright, I respect your decision". Luis said. "It would be a shame that I won't get to taste this tea in a while....".

While Luis and Ms Springer where chatting in the kitchen, Mr. Springer and Levi sat on the living room as the fire burned brightly, giving warmth and light to both grown men.

"Captain Levi, it is of great honor to have you in this very household". Mr Springer said as he drank the tea his dear wife made for him. "I've been meaning to ask you this, but how is my son doing as a soldier? I heard that he is doing well".

"I haven't had much of interactions with your son unfortunately, but I've seen him in action for a couple of times". Levi said as he drank his cup of tea, enjoying the heavenly made taste that graced his tongue. "Based from what I've seen, he is a very capable soldier, and he has a lot of potential. You should be proud for raising such a young man".

Mr Springer smiled proudly. "Thank you very much Levi, I cannot express my gratitude enough through just mere words". He said as he bowed down in his head in respect. "I hope that at least your stay in this very household would be able to repay a little of our debt to you, you and your soldiers have protected us from those devilish monsters and have helped us maintain our peace!".

Levi slightly flinched when he heard how Mr Springer referred to those Titans. Truth to be told, he was still slightly shaken at the ugly truth that he was killing humans all this time.

Humans...trapped within these deformed bodies.

But there was nothing they could do, right? They kept attacking them without rest, kept devouring humans, both combatants and civilians alike, and there was nothing they could've done to stop them....

Other than killing them.

"Truth to be told Levi, I would tell you that you did for them a service". He recalled Luis's words during the previous night.

"How so?". Levi said quietly.

"Remember that the only way to bring them back as humans.....is to have them devour a Titan shifter". He recalled Luis's words. "They were forever trapped in these forms, without any form of control over their actions....They were in a hell, and killing them, no matter how ugly it is, was a way to give them freedom". He continued.

"You may have killed their bodies, but they've been set free because of you". Luis said. "You're not a murderer of innocent people, Levi".

Those words made his consciousness remain at peace for a little while, but a part of him still remained disturbed towards the reality of those Titans.

To think that you'd be stripped of your own very freedom, to be forced to endure a hell you never wished to endure, to be permanently trapped in a prison that can never be escaped.....

Even humanity's strongest shivered at such a thought.  

Alas, he set those thoughts aside and focused on his conversation with Mr Springer. It was rude to keep the man talking and not pay attention to any of his words after all.

Suddenly, knocking was heard on his door. Ms Springer rose her head towards the direction of the noise and she smiled slightly.

"I'll get it!". She said.

She opened the door and she was surprised to see the Survey Corps soldiers standing in front of her house.

Levi shifted his glare towards these soldiers, but for some reason....suspicion suddenly aroused in his heart.

No....Something was wrong.

"Levi Ackermann, Luis Hartmann". The man said gruffly. "Under the command of Erwin Smith, you will be coming with us".

(.....)

"Will, how far do you think we are?". A comrade of Will, John, asked.

Will sighed as he kept his horse moving forward. "I'm not sure....but we should be arriving soon". He said. "I just hope to God that neither Liam nor Kenny question why Historia Reiss is in this pitiful state".

"It's not our fault that the Leonhart bastard decided to have a heart for the two most dangerous Titans in existence". Connor growled. "Liam's gotta understand that, we would never in our lives hurt the true ruler of these walls".

"Preach". Ralph commented.

"No matter, we have to focus on not causing any further injuries to Historia". Will said as he focused on his path. "Keep your eyes and ears sharp, you could never know what could happen".

"Aren't you the paranoid one". Ralph snickered. "Always been like this since our early days in the MP".

"Guys.....". Their youngest teammate, Kevin, said in a low voice filled with fear.

"What is it Kevin?". Connor said as he turned out, but his face instantly paled the moment he saw what Kevin had witnessed.

A short creature with sharp, pointy teeth was approaching them with rapid speed. Its brown eyes drilling themselves within their souls.

"Holy God.....". Ralph muttered.

Will gritted his teeth. "Damn it! Stay in your formation!". Will shouted. "Protect Historia Reiss at all costs! DO NOT LET THAT TITAN TOUCH HER!".

[AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed!! :')]