Chapter 14

"The origins of the Titans?". Luis asked as he sat on the chair.

"Yes, the true origins of these Titans. The letter contained some information that brings light to the true origins of the Titans, but I felt like they were very vague". Erwin said. "It was at least clear enough for us to know that Mr. Leonhart, as you call him, is presumed dead, but the information that the letter contains begs to a more darker conclusion". Erwin said. "Would you mind answering our questions?".

Luis nodded his head, he knew that the Eldians deserved to know everything, so what right did he have to reject them the truth?

"Alright, I'll tell you everything that you need to know". Luis said. "In Marley, the ultimate punishment that an Eldian can face is eternal banishment". He explained.

"Eternal banishment? What do you mean by that?". Levi asked.

"Eternal banishment means that you are turned into a Titan". Luis answered.

For a moment, Levi felt his heart sink into his stomach. If what the man was saying was true, then all of the Titans that he killed.....

"Your people have the special ability to transform into Titans". Luis explained. "It has to do with something about Eldian history, which I am unfortunately ignorant about. Regardless, the only way for an Eldian to be transformed into a Titan is by injection via the nape". He explained. "A specific fluid must be injected into you, it's called the "spinal fluid"".

Levi's face darkened with horror. "So...you're telling me....that we've been killing humans? This entire time?". He asked.

The fact that Levi took enjoyment in killing humans in Titan form sent terrible shivers down his spine.

Luis noticed the horror that was written all over Levi's face. "Unfortunately, yes". Luis said. "I would assume that you all killed many Titans before my arrival?".

Erwin solemnly nodded his head. "We did". He said. "They were trying to eat humans, would you explain why they do so?".

Luis scratched his chin. "If they were attacking random humans at once....Then they must've been searching for a Titan shifter to eat". Luis explained.

"Why?". Erwin asked.

"Because this is the only way that a Titan can turn back to normal". Luis said. "If a Titanized person eats a Titan shifter, then not only does the Titanized go back to their normal form; they also inherit the previous shifter's power".

All of this new information was helpful, but it also rose a very important question, Erwin thought.

If Eren discovered his power back when the Battle of Trost occurred, then from who did he inherit this power? Who was the previous inheritor of Eren's power?

"All of your answers have been very helpful, I can thank you for that Luis". Erwin said. "But, for the sake of making sure, how do you know that all of this true? If you are ignorant about our history as well, then how do you know all of this information?".

"That is because I witnessed it all, with my own very eyes". Luis said. "I can assure you, although I've never injected any Eldian with the spinal fluid, I was there to see it all". He said. "I was also present to witness the ritual of passing down the Titan powers Marley possessed, I've seen Titanized warriors of Marley eating the old Titan shifters to inherit their powers". He said.

"A ritual? Why was it a ritual?". Erwin asked.

Luis slightly widened his eyes for a moment. "Oh...I forgot to tell you this important detail...". Luis said. "You see, there is a trade when a person inherits another one's Titan power. They go back to their normal state and they inherit devastating power, but at the cost of being cursed".

"Cursed?". Levi said. "What kind of curse?".

"The curse of a short-life". Luis said. "All of the Titan-shifters that I've come to know have passed away after 13 years to be exact, I've been told by my superiors that this was because they inherited a Titan power". Luis explained. "What I'm trying to say is that a Titan shifter is cursed to live a life of only 13 years, that is why the ritual of passing down Titan powers has been regularly practiced by Marley for many generations".

Heavy silence followed after what Luis said.

Erwin had no doubt in his mind that what the man was saying was true, but since Eren and Annie inherited Titan powers, then how long did they have until they die?

Better yet, when it comes to the end of Eren and Annie's terms, who would inherit their power? For all they knew, they lacked the "spinal fluid" that the man was talking about!

And worse, how long does Eren have? They don't even know when did Eren inherit his powers!

"This is just great". Levi said. "So we're technically murdering psychopaths and Eren has a limited amount of time and we don't even know how much time he has left, and as according to our previous conversations; the rest of the world despises us because we are "devils"". He said. "Just our luck".

"If it makes you feel better, you weren't really murdering them". Luis said. "There is a reason why it's called the "eternal punishment", when an Eldian is turned into a Titan; they lose their freedom, meaning that they don't have any control over their actions anymore". Luis explained. "It's like a coma, but it's a coma that you can never wake up from. If anything, killing those Titans were a service to them, you were freeing them from this hell".

Levi looked at Luis for a moment, and he sighed. "I suppose that's one way of looking at it...". He said.

"Luis, I have another question, you said that Marley has practiced a ritual of passing down Titan powers, does that mean that Marley has more than one Titan power?". He said.

Luis nodded his head. "As far as my knowledge is concerned, there are other Titan powers that Marley possesses". Luis said. "5 other Titan powers if I'm correct".

"5 other powers?". Levi said. "What are they?".

Luis looked at both men, and he sighed. "I believe that you are both familiar with the Armored Titan and the Colossal Titan?". He asked.

Erwin slightly widened his eyes. "...Yes, they were the Titans that broke down Wall Maria". He said. "They are also possessed by humans?".

Luis nodded his head. "Yes, they were possessed by humans as well". Luis said. "They are also the weapons that Marley possesses".

"And what about the other three?". Levi asked.

"Well, they are called the "Beast Titan" ,the "Cart Titan", and the "Jaws Titan"". Luis answered.

"The Beast, Cart and Jaws?". Erwin said. "Do you any valuable information about these particular Titans? Strengths? Weaknesses?". He asked.

Luis slowly nodded his head. "I am not sure if I know a good amount of information about them....But perhaps I can tell you the things that I know".

And the rest of the night passed like this, with Luis telling them all of the necessary information that they needed.

But, after this very night has passed, Erwin and Levi were certain of one thing.

Their enemies were not the Titans, not anymore.