Chapter 31

With as much speed as he can muster, Bertholdt charged right towards the female shifter.

The sudden change in Bertholdt's behavior alarmed Annie, his previous hesitation could've easily granted her victory had she not been so slow with treating the Hoover boy, but now her small slip-up costed her that benefit in battle, and now she had her hands full with a tenacious Bertholdt.

Seeing that she had no chance to avoid Bertholdt's attack, she immediately braced for his charge, with an idea forming in her mind.

"He doesn't realize that I can put him in a lock". Annie thought to herself. "If I can just grab his head and coil his waist with my legs, I can effectively trap him and inflict considerable damage to his armor".

"In other words, I can break the armor of his nape".

The force of Bertholdt's charge made them both fall to the ground, with Bertholdt bracing her Titan's body. Annie quickly grabbed his neck and tightly gripped it, with both of her legs coiling his waist tightly; preventing him any chance to try and escape.

"I'm sorry Bertholdt". Annie thought to herself. "But this ends now!".

She hardened the rest of her arm and began to squeeze his titan's neck, Bertholdt began dragging both of them on the ground in an attempt to escape, but it was a futile one.

His nape's armor was beginning to slowly give in to the pressure as Annie began to apply more force to her squeeze, shards of his armor began flying.

The fight was now over.

However, Annie found herself being slowly lifted off the ground. The Armored Titan, still bracing her body, lifted her slowly.

"Wha-".

And before Annie realized what Bertholdt was trying to do, he quickly slammed her on the ground.

(.......)

"Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!". Reiner cursed to himself.

He went behind the cover of the trees and began to recuperate, his mind desperately scrambling for whatever idea so he can escape his current predicament. Eren was on the ground, hungrily looking for him, while the Survey Corps soldiers began circling the trees in search of him.

Reiner looked at his sword, his blood-drenched sword, and he saw a reflection of himself. His face turned with disgust as he grabbed a part of his shirt and began cleaning off the blood.

"Tch, devil blood". He muttered to himself.

When he was within the trees, the Survey Corps soldiers split to search for him. An unaware soldier was unfortunate enough to pass by his hiding spot, and with deadly precision and terrifying speed; Reiner slit the nape of the soldier.

The soldier instantly fell dead, and everyone else was alarmed of his location. Reiner immediately went into hiding after that, but he knew that this strategy wasn't going to last long.

Because Mikasa Ackermann was with them.

She is sharp, unrelenting, and deadly. Reiner considered himself lucky for being able to narrowly dodge many of Mikasa's dangerous attacks, she tried striking his neck but she was only able to cut off his ear clean, she tried going for his chest or wires, but Reiner was quick enough to deny her any chance to put him down.

The Ackermanns were true Eldian devils, a clan that Reiner both feared and hated.

Suddenly, he heard someone land on the branches right beside him. His eyes widened and he quickly drew his sword, attacking whoever found him.