Chapter 26

(Flashback)

"Sir, he is here". The MP personnel said as he opened the door, revealing Jean who was right behind him.

Liam placed down his cup of tea as he looked at the eyes of the boy. "Ah, Mr. Kirstein". Liam said. "It's better that we make this quick, so how about you sit on this lovely chair?".

Jean sent a fierce glare towards Liam, but he complied either way. He dragged the chair towards him and sat down on it, then he looked at the eyes of the man who held his family hostage.

"Tell me, did anyone notice your disappearance?". Liam asked.

"No, as far as I can recall". Jean said. "The moment I received the message, I quickly went out of the barracks. Everyone else was asleep so I made sure not to wake anyone up". Jean said.

"I see, great job then". Liam said as he sipped his tea. "Without wasting anytime, let us get into the crux of our meeting". Liam said. "All of the information that you've given to my client, it's all true, right?". He said.

Jean nodded his head. "It's all true, tomorrow midnight; we're going to launch the operation to kill both the Armored and Colossal Titans". Jean said.

"Kill? But I thought you said capture?". Liam said as he raised his eyebrows in suspicion.

"There's been a change of plans". Jean said. "We've considered capturing them, that is correct, but we figured that we won't gain any fruit if we captured them, since we captured Annie Leonhart". He said.

"Ah yes, the Leonhart girl, I completely forgot about her....". He said. "Since she gave you all of the information that you need, then what worth do the inheritors of both of these Titans amount to? It only makes sense that you get rid of two of the most dangerous Titans known to man". He said, then he looked at Jean. "There must be a plan devised to kill them, please enlighten me Mr. Kirstein".

Hesitation and guilt suddenly held Jean, he knew that he'd be betraying his friends and comrades by spilling all of the secrets to this government official, but it was painfully obvious that he really had no choice in the matter.

Was that how Annie really felt? Was that how she felt when she betrayed them all? When she killed so many of her kind left and right?

"Damn it all....". Jean thought to himself.

Why would someone be cruel enough to drag loved ones into a war that was never theirs to begin with? 

"Mr. Kirstein, we don't have all day". Liam said as he looked at Jean. "It would be wise of you to tell me everything that I need to know right now".

There was no turning back now, if Jean was to keep his mother and father safe then he has to do what the man says.

Jean gave an irritated sigh as he pushed all of these thoughts to the back of his mind.

"Alright, I'll tell you everything".

(.......)

Jean knew little about the Anti-Personnel Control Squad, but by the looks of these soldiers who were apart of such squad, and by Liam's great faith in their abilities; Jean knew how foolish would it be to underestimate them.

Liam told him little about the squad, what he told him was that the blonde soldier (who goes by the name Traut Caven) is the right-hand man of the actual leader of this squad (who chose to remain anonymous for whatever reason).

They were all wearing the uniform of the Survey Corps and were all registered as actual Survey Corps soldiers, thanks to the fake documents and the strings that Liam pulled to ensure the success of this mission.